PDA

View Full Version : Duragloss 951/952 vs Megs D156

kevin_1981
07-17-2014, 12:47 PM
Just looking to see what the opinions are on these. It seems like they're close to the same price. Just looking to use on DD kinda cars. Ive used 951 on a couple cars, and was impressed, but have not yet tried D156... and a gallon is a lot to buy :)

silverfox
07-17-2014, 03:24 PM
They are both great products. I find D156 plays better in direct sun and cold weather than Aquawax.

VISITOR
07-17-2014, 03:27 PM
aquawax is a little easier to use and i prefer that between the two. it's really not necessary to use both every week, but every other. dg rinseless wash (w/ aquawax) used at QD dilution (3 ounces to 16 ounces of water) works very well while adding a little protection (probably about half of aquawax alone). both are great products though...

dad07
07-17-2014, 04:01 PM
They are both great products. I find D156 plays better in direct sun and cold weather than Aquawax.

while I will agree on most of this statement........

I have better luck with AW in the sun.......but I also agree with you on the very colder temps D156 is better.

both products are great and will always be on my shelf.

kevin_1981
07-17-2014, 04:40 PM
Thanks, guys. Ive noticed that I can apply DG in directsunlight on a hot car with no problems. In all honesty my cars dont get much love in the winter, due to the lack of heated space, and the cold chicago winters. Winter performance is not a big deal for me.

In the summer, I maintain them as good as I can, and just hope that the winter doesn't do much damage. I used to just throw Megs Gold Paste wax on in september or so in hopes of providing some protection over winter. This year, I will be trying my Collinite 845... looking forward to see how that holds up.

Klasse Act
07-17-2014, 04:50 PM
Kevin, if your going to apply something to get you through our usual Chicagoland winters may I suggest Collinite #476 because of its high durability! Apply 2x's and don't forget the windows, works great there too!

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online

kevin_1981
07-17-2014, 05:37 PM
Kevin, if your going to apply something to get you through our usual Chicagoland winters may I suggest Collinite #476 because of its high durability! Apply 2x's and don't forget the windows, works great there too!

Roger - Thanks for the recommendation. I'm still pretty new to this world, and haven't seen 476 mentioned before. I'll definitely look into it!

Klasse Act
07-18-2014, 09:18 AM
No problem Kevin, #476 has the best durability of the 3, they say and I must say that when I tried it it went on and off VERY easy! Some talk about the looks and in all honesty, I didn't notice a change but then again this is when I was in my layering and layering and layering days, LOL! Many people here who live where it snows use #476 going into winter with GREAT success!