PDA

View Full Version : Got UDQ...

Z06-Goose
08-01-2007, 09:25 PM
That's UQD :)
This afternoon I stopped by a local PepBoys store, and saw some Meguiar's UQD. I couldn't help but get me a bottle
I went home, washed the car, dried it, and then applied the UQD. It smells real nice, and the thing I noticed the most right away is that it doesn't streak, and removes clean and easy

We're expecting showers this evening. We'll see how the beading action fares to its claims. Granted, beading is not a concern of mine out of a QD, since I usually have some kind of sealant on my Z06, but as QD alone, I think it will be fine. The price is right ($10.75 after tax) and it's a pretty good size bottle (22fl oz)

Brandon1
08-01-2007, 11:52 PM
I got it, didnt like it. Duragloss FC&S or AW is much better for me.

I did find that it streaked on black paint.

ScottB
08-02-2007, 06:32 AM
Have not had time to rewrite an update. I recently got a black CTS rental car that hadnt been washed let alone waxed in months. Since we had it for entire weekend I tried to wash it with Poorboys Wash/Wax. The car was so nasty is still sheeted water only. So I grabbed UQD'er and sprayed each panel while still sheeting. It was cool as it literally started mini bubbles as it somehow attached to paint.

Sure as heck, we had a rainstorm every afternoon that weekend and car, glass, and everything beaded like a new finish. When I returned the car on Monday they thanked me for cleaning the car inside and out. (thats after sitting outside thru two rainstorms) I have to admit it lasted alot longer than originally thought, especially when used on unprotected surface.

trhland
08-02-2007, 07:19 AM
Have not had time to rewrite an update. I recently got a black CTS rental car that hadnt been washed let alone waxed in months. Since we had it for entire weekend I tried to wash it with Poorboys Wash/Wax. The car was so nasty is still sheeted water only. So I grabbed UQD'er and sprayed each panel while still sheeting. It was cool as it literally started mini bubbles as it somehow attached to paint.

Sure as heck, we had a rainstorm every afternoon that weekend and car, glass, and everything beaded like a new finish. When I returned the car on Monday they thanked me for cleaning the car inside and out. (thats after sitting outside thru two rainstorms) I have to admit it lasted alot longer than originally thought, especially when used on unprotected surface.ok let me get this straight you detailed a loaner car???:confused: :D

Waxmax
08-02-2007, 10:19 AM
Detailing a rent car...too much....so Killr, where are the pics...lol.

joe.p
08-02-2007, 10:21 AM
Murrays Autoparts has it on sale with a 5.99 rebate..still not enough for me to give it a try..at this time the reviews i read have not been so good...
although at some point and time i might give it a shot

btw,Thanks for your input

ScottB
08-02-2007, 03:28 PM
ok let me get this straight you detailed a loaner car???:confused: :D

Unfortunately I do it all the time. I spent over an hour on the interior.

Dash -- Poorboys Natural Shine
Leather --- Poorboys Leather Conditioner
Glass --- Stoners Invisible Glass (now this was a challenge)
carpets --- Folex

I hate to admit I even stopped at local store and bought an odor killer as car had smokers stink in it. (partly why I wiped the carpets) I did not want my children to have to breathe this nasty stuff.

klumzypinoy
08-02-2007, 04:27 PM
Unfortunately I do it all the time. I spent over an hour on the interior.

Dash -- Poorboys Natural Shine
Leather --- Poorboys Leather Conditioner
Glass --- Stoners Invisible Glass (now this was a challenge)
carpets --- Folex

I hate to admit I even stopped at local store and bought an odor killer as car had smokers stink in it. (partly why I wiped the carpets) I did not want my children to have to breathe this nasty stuff.

They should have let you rented the car for free for at least a whole day :D

mixxer
08-02-2007, 04:33 PM
got any pics of the Z goose?

trhland
08-02-2007, 06:50 PM
ill loan you my mini van for the day feel free to clean it up for me . samantha had french fries today in the car and well there all over the carpet:D

dengood1
08-02-2007, 07:01 PM
Yep, not the first time the young fella did this. Last time it was a van though! Scott, why did you need a rental? Twice... Just curious.;)

klumzypinoy
08-03-2007, 02:53 AM
ill loan you my mini van for the day feel free to clean it up for me . samantha had french fries today in the car and well there all over the carpet:D

My friend drops food in my car sometimes :(

Z06-Goose
08-03-2007, 03:38 AM
got any pics of the Z goose?Sure do. I'll take some new pics tomorrow. It rained tonight, but I don't have my camera with me. The hood on my car shows some really tight and small beads. Kinda nice!

Wolf-Strong
08-04-2007, 12:05 AM
UQD has become my go-to detailer. I don't use it for the beading/sheeting purposes (I live in Socal..it rains at most 1 week out of the year), but rather its amazing ability to not streak when used in direct SoCal sun on black paint.

Too expensive to use on customer's cars, but it is the only stuff I use on my baby now.

ScottB
08-04-2007, 08:06 AM
Yep, not the first time the young fella did this. Last time it was a van though! Scott, why did you need a rental? Twice... Just curious.;)

Vettes been in the shop all week for its 5 roof panel replacement. Same time took wifes SUV to Cadillac to repair a loose panel and they kept it and gave us the rental. I hate driving nasty dirty cars, and yes after complaint to Enterprise the entire bill was waived including insurance.