PDA

View Full Version : Can ORNWW or UWW+ break down?

ndcec
07-16-2014, 07:34 PM
Hello again,

I have one quick question.

An "expert detailer" in the forum said that once you prepare the solution you should use it that day or the next one because it breaks down in about 3 days?

It doesn't make since to me since UWW+ is also sold in a prediluted version and it has a long shelf life.

Is this true or can I prepare the solution and use it in the next few weeks or months?

Thank you in advance!

tiSS'er
07-16-2014, 07:53 PM
Hello again,

I have one quick question.

An "expert detailer" in the forum said that once you prepare the solution you should use it that day or the next one because it breaks down in about 3 days?

It doesn't make since to me since UWW+ is also sold in a prediluted version and it has a long shelf life.

Is this true or can I prepare the solution and use it in the next few weeks or months?

Thank you in advance!

I emailed Optimum about ONR breaking down and they replied that it will not break down. It will lose it's blue color after a while, but the solution will work the same as the day it was mixed.

I do not have any confirmation from Ultima, but I have had zero issues with losing its effectiveness over time. UWW+ retains it's color and scent as well.

Grifffx4
07-16-2014, 08:00 PM
I think they were speaking about adding Polycharger to them....

I could be wrong though

cleanmycorolla
07-16-2014, 08:20 PM
I have had ONR, UWW+ heck millions of products pre diluted in gallons for months and month, not an issue.

FUNX650
07-16-2014, 10:19 PM
Break down? Probably not in three days.

Though according to the Laws of Physics:
Somewhere later on down the line? Probably...Yes.

A person needs to find out the "half-lives" (hopefully not radioactive :eek:) of these products' components---including their types of "polymer surfactants", if any---to make a more educated guess.

Note:
I'll wager that some car-care products will outlast, that golden moment in history when: the demise of the common cockroach is finally achieved!

Bob