PDA

View Full Version : Menzerna FG400 vs Wolfgang Uber Compound

98LowRanger
07-16-2014, 08:28 AM
I have been using FG400 with great results. I am getting low on it though which only means one thing...time to try something new right?! I was wondering if anyone on here had personal experience with both FG400 and Wolfgang Uber compound and could compare them. Which cuts and finishes better? I just hate that like most WG products, the Uber Compound has a higher price.

07-16-2014, 08:36 AM
Uber is made by Menzerna to AG specs - Uber cut is the same but finishes better ime - comes at a higher price. Personally I like Uber better...

TundraPower
07-16-2014, 09:04 AM
I have been using FG400 with great results. I am getting low on it though which only means one thing...time to try something new right?! I was wondering if anyone on here had personal experience with both FG400 and Wolfgang Uber compound and could compare them. Which cuts and finishes better? I just hate that like most WG products, the Uber Compound has a higher price.

These products are very similar. If you are getting great results don't change anything. If you are just dying to try something different, try Scholl Concept's SE3 Gold or Rupes Zephyr.

BrandonS
07-16-2014, 10:08 AM
I have and use both. I bought the uber during the roll back sales but I have no complaints about fg400. I think the uber has a little longer working time but leaves a little more oily residue. I find I save time with the fg400. Personally I think they are the two best in the industry and would buy whichever is cheaper at the time. This will almost always be the Menzerna. If you would like to try a sample PM me and we could do some swapping. I am always looking to try something new. My next order will be a gallon of fg400. After extensive testing various compounds this one works the best for me but if AG made uber price competitive I would have no problems with Uber. For reference I use a flex 3401.

Desertnate
07-16-2014, 11:04 AM
I may be off base, but I've considered Blackfire SRC Compound to be very similar to the two mentioned. Each have variations in the formula's to make them unique. When looking for a polish/compound duo I looked at the products by all three vendors. A sale here at AG pushed me to the Blackfire Duo and I've been quite happy with it. On black VW paint I found the Blackfire SRC compound to easily create an LSP ready finish.

10secdream
07-16-2014, 11:06 AM
I have to agree with the above comment. Blackfire SRC Compound is definitely underrated and it works awesome. I can only imagine that the newly updated formula is even better.

cleanmycorolla
07-16-2014, 11:31 AM
For me, Uber seems to finish better, but this is on my own paint. Both cut really well though and have long work times....

Kamakaz1961
07-16-2014, 11:55 AM
I haven't used Uber compund I use FG400 and I am very happy with it. I would assume Uber is just as good (or better). I am in the "If it ain't broke don't fix it" category, so I will be sticking with Menzerna FG400. I use other Wolfgang Products and they are top notch.

IMO, you can't go wrong with either.

allenk4
07-16-2014, 02:12 PM
I may be off base, but I've considered Blackfire SRC Compound to be very similar to the two mentioned. Each have variations in the formula's to make them unique. When looking for a polish/compound duo I looked at the products by all three vendors. A sale here at AG pushed me to the Blackfire Duo and I've been quite happy with it. On black VW paint I found the Blackfire SRC compound to easily create an LSP ready finish.

Blackfire is also a PBMG product. Not sure who makes it for them.

It is common for companies to up sell customers with a "Good", "Better", "Best" structure. PBMG, Meguiar's, Budweiser all do it.

BrandonS
07-16-2014, 03:25 PM

I too have had great results on the blackfire src combo on both vw paint and my hood on my truck that was repainted this year with ceramic clear. The blackfire combo removed the buffer trails left by the body shop and left a beautiful finish. However, I have since switched over to mostly FG400. I would like to try a sample of the new formula being released. Hopefully AG will offer them as free samples.

BrandonS
07-16-2014, 03:28 PM
I haven't used Uber compund I use FG400 and I am very happy with it. I would assume Uber is just as good (or better). I am in the "If it ain't broke don't fix it" category, so I will be sticking with Menzerna FG400. I use other Wolfgang Products and they are top notch.

IMO, you can't go wrong with either.

They are so close you have to use them side by side tell any difference. They are almost the same. Both are great!