PDA

View Full Version : Iron-X snow foam question

runrun411
07-15-2014, 08:51 PM
Hi geeks.

I've read their directions on Car Pro's website, yet I still need help with this one. What is the most effective and at the same time economical way to use their snow soap. If I use it "neat" as they say it could be a little expensive. If you dilute it it's not as effective as a detaminator. What's the best way to use it?

TuxedoTaurus
07-15-2014, 09:31 PM
I have researched this to no end as I picked the . The best way to use it for the most decon power is with a wash bucket mixed up and some applied directly on a wash mitt as you wash.

When used with a foam cannon, and for really what is was designed for is a maintenance wash for coatings.

allenk4
07-15-2014, 10:24 PM
IMO, if you are concerned with cost; go with regular Iron-X and only use it when your paint does not pass the "baggie test" or you are going to polish it.

PiPUK
07-16-2014, 02:05 AM
If using with a wash bucket, wear gloves! All of these types of products are skin sensitisers, even at pretty low levels. So avoid skin exposure.

Tacket
07-16-2014, 03:38 PM
I use it as a maintenance wash in a foam gun about once a month. 4oz is what I use. If I'm going to polish/seal/wax I use 4oz in a 5 gallon bucket. Definitely wear gloves as allenk4 said! Wish it smelled better.

Goodylax
07-16-2014, 04:02 PM
Dilute it with water. I use about 30-40 ml and fill the rest up with water. Regular snow foaming with this product reduces the need to use Iron x on your paint as it will eliminate build up. The only time I would advocate putting it in a bucket is when you are looking for a stronger wheel soap than regular shampoo