PDA

View Full Version : Cyclo is better than the Rotary

FMINUS
08-01-2007, 04:36 PM
I went on a site of a pretty big detailing supply company who makes and sells thier own chemicals (not cg btw :) ), detailing equipment, PDR, and windshield repair products. They also make thier own videos and give seminars on such things. They can also certify people in these areas in the state of California.

There was a place where you can sign up for thier catalogue which I did. And today I got a phone call from a rep and he was asking me what supplies I used. I told him I owned a Hitachi and a PC, and he was asking me why I didnt own a Cyclo. He said that Cyclos out sells the PC 35 to 1 and that it is MORE effective than the Rotary....

I know for certain this is not true, and Im not even going to argue the fact. But has anyone else ran into this situation?

Nica
08-01-2007, 04:39 PM
Well I own a rotary and a Cyclo and I don't agree with that statement. Now, I can understand that a very experianced person with a Cyclo can probably come up with the same results as with a rotary, that I don't argue. But I still feel that with a rotary you can do much more and faster. Well that's just my opinion though.

budman3
08-01-2007, 04:43 PM
I'll take a guess and say a guy from Rightlook talked to you :). I've talked to them and even thought about taking a course but one thing led to another and that didn't happen.

Anywho, I'm not to sure I believe the 35 to 1 thing either ... maybe on their site? I haven't used the cyclo so I can't say anthing on that part...

trhland
08-01-2007, 04:43 PM
doesnt a rotary leave those halograms in the paint?? this is what ive heard you can do a great job with a rotary and fast but not perfect. it does leave some buffer marks. that you have to follow up with a p/c yo make a flawless finish. heard this from a detailer on another forum.

FMINUS
08-01-2007, 04:46 PM
I'll take a guess and say a guy from Rightlook talked to you :). I've talked to them and even thought about taking a course but one thing led to another and that didn't happen.

Anywho, I'm not to sure I believe the 35 to 1 thing either ... maybe on their site? I haven't used the cyclo so I can't say anthing on that part...

:cheers:

Nica
08-01-2007, 04:48 PM
doesnt a rotary leave those halograms in the paint?? this is what ive heard you can do a great job with a rotary and fast but not perfect. it does leave some buffer marks. that you have to follow up with a p/c yo make a flawless finish. heard this from a detailer on another forum.

Yes you are correct, a rotary "can" leave holograms and it will if you use a heavy duty compound and a heavy cutting pad. But a good detailer aka "pro detailer" should be able to remove all holograms with a rotary, if they can't well then that's a different story and they should not call them selves detailers nor "pro's" for that matter.

Please don't take my post as a challenge or offensive, just sharing my thought's that's all :D

Dust2Glory
08-01-2007, 05:03 PM
FMINUS what are you doing talking to competitors?? Who was your salesman? I might know them. I have used the cyclo for a year not and I did a seven step paint restoration according to RL standards and it did not remove all defects from my paint. I have a 1997 GMC Jimmy the and clear seems to be pretty hard. The cyclo only goes to 3000 o.r.p.m, that's unloaded. so the cutting power is lacking. the udm does 6,000. I use the cyclo for wax application only now.

FMINUS
08-01-2007, 05:10 PM
FMINUS what are you doing talking to competitors?? Who was your salesman? I might know them. I have used the cyclo for a year not and I did a seven step paint restoration according to RL standards and it did not remove all defects from my paint. I have a 1997 GMC Jimmy the and clear seems to be pretty hard. The cyclo only goes to 3000 o.r.p.m, that's unloaded. so the cutting power is lacking. the udm does 6,000. I use the cyclo for wax application only now.

:) I just wanted to try out their stuff and see how it compares, but after talking to them and hearing what he has to say I am really doubting thier company....

ScottB
08-01-2007, 06:17 PM
with the Cyclo lacking speed adjustibility it doesnt offer the versatility of random orbital or rotary imo.