PDA

View Full Version : Pads

frankprozzoly
07-15-2014, 06:48 AM
I'm thinking of getting some lake country hyrdo pads mainly because of the beveled edge. I use a PC. What are your opinions

frankprozzoly
07-15-2014, 07:04 AM
Hybrid pads

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
07-15-2014, 07:49 AM
The PC dosent really have the power to spin the thicker style pads such as the Hybrids. The PC is better suited to spinning thinner pads such as the Hydro techs.

Evan.J
07-15-2014, 08:15 AM
The PC dosent really have the power to spin the thicker style pads such as the Hybrids. The PC is better suited to spinning thinner pads such as the Hydro techs.

:iagree:

Additionally, its best to go with 5" pads over the larger 6.5" pads as the larger size pads hold back the machine.

David at LC Pads
07-15-2014, 12:23 PM
Like others have said, the PC does work very well when used with a 5.5" pad on a 5" backing plate.

The Hydrotech pads do help to extend the working time of water based polishes, and have slightly different characteristics than other pads on the market.

The ccs or flat pads found on Autogeek are the same size and thickness as the Hydrotech foams. The only difference is that they have the Velcro style loop all the way to the edge of the pad, where the Hydro tech has a cut back making the loop an exact fit to the backing plate.

If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask.

-Dave

refreshauto
07-15-2014, 12:36 PM

:iagree:

Additionally, its best to go with 5" pads over the larger 6.5" pads as the larger size pads hold back the machine.

you cannot go wrong with this advise, they are spot on

frankprozzoly
07-15-2014, 01:10 PM
I got confused. I didn't realize there's hybrid and hydro. I was looking at the 5.5inch pads

asalesagent912
07-15-2014, 02:25 PM
I recently bought and tried the hybrid pads. blue and yellow. I am not to happy with them. i havent used the blue much but the yellow seems like they fall apart easy. Thats just me. maybe i am doing something wrong.

Jaretr1
07-15-2014, 02:42 PM
I would go with the CCS pads or the Hydro Tech pads. I have them both. I think I prefer the Hydro Tech pads. Definitely go with 5.5.