PDA

View Full Version : Hot Garage = Bad Product?

muddy
08-01-2007, 03:00 PM
I don't think my landlord really has much ventilation in my garage where I store my various detailing products.
Can the heat in the garage (almost always hotter than outside) ruin any chemicals such as QD'ers (dry out or seprate and evaporate), Wheel cleaners, etc? So far I have seen where I put Meg's QD into a seperate plant sprayer bottle, that there is condensation inside it now.
Also, I don't know if the Klasse products might being something similar inside?

Thanks for help or suggestions

RTexasF
08-01-2007, 03:16 PM
I've never lost any and my garage is 95-100 degrees in the summer and usually in the mid 80's for the remainder of the year. I've had some for years in that lovely environment and they still work as when new.

wiscTom
08-01-2007, 03:18 PM
Muddy,

I’m sure someone will jump in with some scientific evidence to support not storing car care products in an extremely hot garage, but from experience I don’t leave much in terms of car supplies or wood working supplies in my garage in the summer (my work shop is in the garage).

I have two roof vents (one with a fan) and I’ve ruined way too many wood working products to chance ruining any of the products I plan on using on my car. I have a couple of plastic boxes that I use for storing my car supplies, including my MFs, and keep them all in the basement, hauling out what I need when I work on the car.

Bags
08-01-2007, 05:29 PM
I could be wrong but I am gonna guess that AG's warehouse is not A/C. I think they should be fine as long as you put the tops on tight.

Gary Sword
08-01-2007, 05:49 PM
Extreme hot and cold temperatures can effect chemicals. In the summer I keep my detailing supplies in the house. In the south Florida winters there's not much to worry about.

D
08-01-2007, 08:05 PM
Extreme hot and cold temperatures can effect chemicals.

Yep, I just got my garage air conditioned, thank god.

sparkie
08-01-2007, 08:27 PM
I haven't had any problems with the heat. Winter I run a space heater in my garage 24/7.

StephenK
08-01-2007, 08:33 PM
I haven't had any problems with the heat. Winter I run a space heater in my garage 24/7.

and it gets HOT HOT in gaffney,s.c.

Sevenrd
08-01-2007, 08:37 PM
I keep mine in my garage year round - no a/c or heater. Never had anything go bad with them.

sparkie
08-01-2007, 08:39 PM
and it gets HOT HOT in gaffney,s.c.
Not too bad, just sticky sometimes.

Gary Sword
08-01-2007, 08:42 PM
I keep mine in my garage year round - no a/c or heater. Never had anything go bad with them.

Sevenrd, do temperatures even get extreme one way or another where you live in CA. When I lived in Michigan things would freeze if you left them in the garage in the winter. In south Florida the garage can get pretty hot in the summer.

Sevenrd
08-01-2007, 08:58 PM
Gary, only extreme heat-wise.

If it got cold enough here to actually freeze products I'd definitely bring them in. I know that 303 protectant goes bad when frozen then re-thawed. I received a batch that smelled like B.O. The 303 rep said that's a sign it's been frozen and that it would be ineffective.

gohandbz8
08-02-2007, 09:57 AM
Looks like I'm going to be bringing in my products when winter comes around. It gets really cold here in Chicago. Good thing I looked at this thread.