PDA

View Full Version : mothers foaming wheel and tire or OPC

timaishu
07-13-2014, 10:26 PM
I used OPC in the past, bought a gallon and used it for everything. Tires/wheels/bugs/carpets/wax stripper. What I am wondering about is the fact that I completely forgot how well it works on tires.

After I ran out like 6 months ago, I started using A2Z as I remember it being a great product before I got OPC. So I started using that again and after the 4th bottle I decided to try out the mothers product as at the time it was the same price but more product. Pretty much exactly the same, foams nice, clings well, and cleans like mad.

The question is, how wells does OPC clean tires? I mean really getting them clean. I honestly cannot remember at this point how it performs, but for the mothers product, I foam it on, agitate with a soft bristled wheel brush, and usually by the second application, the surface is clean with no nasty black running off.

I was stoked when I found I can buy it by the gallon, but now I am wondering I should go back to OPC so I don't have one extra product on my shelf.

Does OPC clean tires as well as the mothers product? Please note that I use a softbristle rim brush on my tires. For some reason my tires will literally mar if I use my stiff brush that I used on my previous tires. So instead of scratching up my sidewalls, I went to a soft brush, so I really need the product to do the majority of the work.

VISITOR
07-13-2014, 10:53 PM
opc works well for tires (or just about anything else) if you scrub or work it enough. as far as apc's, for tires i prefer the megs all purpose cleaner (green). you can't really go wrong with the mothers, it does what it says it will do and a good job at that i might add. i've been through quite a few bottles and it's not cost effective for me, thus using the apc...

timaishu
07-13-2014, 11:18 PM
Glad you mentioned meg's green apc as I was considering that as well. Was reading that it foams better compared to apc+.

I might consider that as well as its much cheaper than OPC. I use folex for carpet, so I don't have to worry about it becoming a foamy mess in that regard.

VISITOR
07-14-2014, 01:30 AM
Glad you mentioned meg's green apc as I was considering that as well. Was reading that it foams better compared to apc+.

I might consider that as well as its much cheaper than OPC. I use folex for carpet, so I don't have to worry about it becoming a foamy mess in that regard.

it does and the more you scrub it lathers (i use it 4:1) so it gives you more work time (did i mention how cheap it is for a gallon?). while i've used a few gallons of the megs apc+ (orange), i like opc better for tasks other than tires...