PDA

View Full Version : Aluminum wheel sealant

Stroked89coupe
07-13-2014, 05:51 PM
I apologize in advance but most of the threads I have found were from a couple years ago.

I am trying to seal or protect some polished aluminum brake calipers on my 89 mustang coupe. they are already polished. Just looking to add a layer of protection for hopefully around 12 months at a time.

Opti seal 2.0 still the way to go?

I looked at the reviews and did not see any reviews for wheels. Although I did find a few threads recomending it. Just wondering if this is still the best thing out there.

Stroked89coupe
07-13-2014, 06:09 PM
~Shine Seal Review~ (http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?749233-Shine-Seal-Review)

Seems zoop seal/Shine seal got a good review here. Again a couple of years ago.

Vegas Transplant
07-13-2014, 06:19 PM
Zoop Seal may be the way to go if you aren't into periodic polishing of the part. However, IMHE the Zoop Seal will lessen the briteness and luster of the finished product.

Many here have posted excellent durability of 2.0'ed polished aluminum and its' ability to withstand high temps.

Stroked89coupe
07-13-2014, 06:23 PM
Cool. And I guess high temps is something I should take into consideration. I'm not to concerned with dulling the finish slightly as I know that happens sometimes with ''sealer'' based products. What I AM trying to prevent is the oxidization and dullness of unprotected aluminum.

I'd also like something that lasts as long as possible.

Can anyone comment on the longevity of the zoop/shine seal vs the opticoat 2.0?

Vegas Transplant
07-13-2014, 06:36 PM
Zoop Seal is permanent.

Stroked89coupe
07-13-2014, 06:37 PM
Zoop Seal is permanent.

So only a one time application is needed?

inDetail
07-13-2014, 06:42 PM
If it's a daily driver and your willing to put the work in, decon, clay, polish and coating otherwise Collinite 845 makes a great wheel sealant as well