PDA

View Full Version : Don't throw it out just yet

HUMP DIESEL
07-13-2014, 08:09 AM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/13/9u4egyba.jpg

I know when I get to the bottom of a compound or polish and it stops wanting to squeeze out, I often would throw it out. Well, this past weekend, I needed more FG400 and I did not have any....or so I thought, I grabbed the box cutter and cut the bottle in half and had plenty left on the bottle to finish my job. So, lesson learned, don't throw it out just yet. Get your money's worth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Setec Astronomy
07-13-2014, 08:25 AM
Wow, good tip! That's what's nice about the clear bottles some companies use, you can see what's left without having to cut the bottle open.

Coopers ST
07-13-2014, 09:05 AM
I wonder if a small rubber spatula would clean all that out. Seems like a lot of product to transfer to a new bottle. I bet a small travel size shampoo bottle would keep that perfectly.

mwoolfso
07-13-2014, 09:08 AM
Nice tip!!!

Chevota Guy
07-13-2014, 09:11 AM
Good advice. That's why I keep those little 2oz sample bottles after they're used up. They make a perfect container for products that are good to the last drop.

Paul A.
07-13-2014, 10:33 AM
Yes, good tip indeed. I always turn my product bottles upside down for a while to extract every bit of the product out of the container. Even then i may now cut them open for even a little more. I have also been to the point on a job when you are gambling you have just enough to finish that phase of a job and just need that little bit more. Between AG orders, that is!

The counter side to this and a terrible feeling...when you spill some or pop the top and some product spits out on the garage floor. I am never lucky enough to have it spit onto the paint and on the section i'm working!

This stuff is expensive and i'm all over maximizing quantities.

jamesboyy
07-13-2014, 11:24 AM
Great tip HUMP it's better to use all your money instead of throwing half or some away

HUMP DIESEL
07-13-2014, 02:12 PM
I think a small spatula or even a Popsicle stick. You can even dab it on the pad. It helped me get thru the boat without resorting to another product or having to have the customer wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matt-erhorn
07-13-2014, 03:40 PM
I always cut my bottles and scrape them so that I can transfer every last drop into self cleaning bottles.

hernandez.art13
07-13-2014, 03:53 PM
Thanks for the tip, I just ran out of M105. Good thing I didn't throw the bottle out. I still knew there was some left just hadn't figured out how to get it out. Well till now... Thank again

wdmaccord
07-13-2014, 06:41 PM
I always cut my bottles and scrape them so that I can transfer every last drop into self cleaning bottles.

I do this right away. I use the smaller 8oz. BF self clean bottles and fill with 4-5 oz. and label. Keeps the majority of the product from being open and closed frequently.