PDA

View Full Version : Avalanche Plastics

Pages : [1] 2

rbss
07-12-2014, 10:46 AM
What's the go to product for Chevy Avalanche plastics. I'm looking for something with durability and easy to apply. I have Dlux on hand I'm just wondering what everybody is using.

jamesboyy
07-12-2014, 11:12 AM
For big plastic parts like found on Avalanches, etc I usually apply dlux soo carpro dlux is my vote

FUNX650
07-12-2014, 11:22 AM
Products with more "permanency" (durability measured in years)...for Avalanches/Escalade EXTs:

1.) Gatorback
2.) ValuGard E.T.R. Kit III

Bob

Nth Degree
07-12-2014, 11:49 AM
DLux will work. Gtechniq C4 and Carmor Fade to New are similar products and should do well also. You will likely need more than one bottle of DLux to cover everything. I used about 45 ml. of C4 on the last one I did, including the bed covers.

rbss
07-12-2014, 11:50 AM
Products with more "permanency" (durability measured in years)...for Avalanches/Escalade EXTs:

1.) Gatorback
2.) ValuGard E.T.R. Kit III

Bob

Have you used the gatorback aerosol?

rbss
07-12-2014, 11:52 AM
DLux will work. Gtechniq C4 and Carmor Fade to New are similar products and should do well also. You will likely need more than one bottle of DLux to cover everything. I used about 45 ml. of C4 on the last one I did, including the bed covers.

👍 thanks for the info I was thinking two bottles of Dlux should do it.

FUNX650
07-12-2014, 12:10 PM
Have you used the gatorback aerosol?
Yes.

Being in Texas...
I believe you'll need products like I mentioned,
for the durability you talked about in your OP.

JMO.

Bob

Paul Mitchell
07-12-2014, 12:20 PM
Most members of the Chevy Avalanche Fan Club of North America forum recommend a product called Refinish Restorer. You can check it out in their forum or on the internet.

rbss
07-12-2014, 12:24 PM
Cool thanks for the help. How long would it take to prep and apply the Gatorback. Couple hours?

The Guz
07-12-2014, 05:47 PM
Check out the new tire and trim sealant from blackfire. WETs is always nice as is black wow pro. If you are looking for something OTC give the turtle wax jet black black endura shine trim coat a shot. I have a write up in right now. Can't post it since I'm on my phone.

eaglefan
07-12-2014, 06:27 PM
I have an avalanche and 3 years ago the trim was faded and did not look good at all. I put Tuff Shine trim coating/restorer, cant remember what they call it. It is still on there and looks like it should. I also use UTTG every 3 or 4 months.
For the bed covers I spray them with spray paint from rustoleum that is made for plastic, don't recall the name. If you go this route on the bed rails the gloss black did not look as good to me as the regular black.

Carlshine
03-25-2018, 08:12 PM
Has anyone tried Detail Kings Trim Kote ?
Very curious about this product

lane5515
03-25-2018, 08:42 PM
Forum Rules

The purpose of Autogeekonline.com is for detailing discussion, providing a place for likeminded auto "Geeks" to share knowledge and partake in fellowship.

1. The AutogeekOnline discussion forum is exclusively sponsored by Autogeek.com. Product discussion should be limited to products that are available from Autogeek.com and PBMA's family of websites.

custmsprty
03-25-2018, 08:58 PM
Has anyone tried Detail Kings Trim Kote ?
Very curious about this product

WOLFGANG EXTERIOR TRIM SEALANT, SOLD BY AUTOGEEK

Wolfgang Exterior Trim Sealant, rubber trim sealant, rubber protectant, exterior trim products, metal sealer (https://www.autogeek.net/wolfgang-trim-sealant.html)

minerigger
03-25-2018, 09:35 PM
I hear mckees trim stuff is pretty legit as well

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk