PDA

View Full Version : Getting the wife a new ride

WAXOFF
07-12-2014, 07:28 AM
This is my wife's new Tiguan. Replacing the white one. She wanted this color and I work at the dealer so I had them do a search and found one about 60 miles away that was there since last September. I thought. What would the paint look like after all those months just sitting. Well I told them to go and get it. I would deal with the paint. Got it in and did the following. Picking it up Monday as the was a couple of small waves in the hood the my PDR guy will fix.

1. Ferrous Dueller Iron remover. Whole car turned purple.
2. Nanoskin sponge
3. 3M Ultrafine Polish #1
4. CG EZ Creme Glaze
5. Collinite 845

Paul A.
07-12-2014, 08:40 AM
Nicely done. How'd it look when it arrived? Looks perfect now!

jamesboyy
07-12-2014, 11:23 AM
Congratulations that's how a paintwork should look, your wife will be very happy, but question begin that paint is flawless are you gonna apply a coating

WAXOFF
07-12-2014, 04:15 PM
No coating. I'm not into that kind of stuff. I'm old school and I lease my VW's and only have them about 2.5 years. The paint wasn't as bad as I expected because i think they had this one parked in some mud hole lot and it wasn't where the lot boys were brushing snow off every other day and doing a scratch and wash once a week. It did have some of those little round insect dropping spots but I pretty much got most of them out and a ton of rail dust because there are steel mills and trains near the dealer where it was at. I'll work on it somemore in the coming weeks when it gets home. If you look closly you can see some mud splatter under the fenders but we don't have a pressure washer at the dealer. I'll handle that at home also and Bare Bones the wheel wells.

Klasse Act
07-12-2014, 06:12 PM
Congrats on the new ride but if your only keeping it for 2 years a coating would be perfect for you as that's about how long they go for and on a silver car that's kept washed on a regular basis, well, that's a no-brainer IMO.

Either way, those are really nice lookin' rides!

WAXOFF
07-12-2014, 08:56 PM
I understand what you mean about the coating but I'm old school and if I'm not cleaning or rubbing or waxing then it's just not right. In my generation good old fashioned hard work was the way to get things done. I just have a mental block with putting a coating on and then think that I don't have to do anything to it. Maybe some day I'll catch up with you young bucks out there. Hell I still have a flip phone and will not text. Turned that function off.

Klasse Act
07-12-2014, 09:19 PM
I understand what you mean about the coating but I'm old school and if I'm not cleaning or rubbing or waxing then it's just not right. In my generation good old fashioned hard work was the way to get things done. I just have a mental block with putting a coating on and then think that I don't have to do anything to it. Maybe some day I'll catch up with you young bucks out there. Hell I still have a flip phone and will not text. Turned that function off.

Well I can understand where your coming from too, I'm 44 years old, so I'm no "young buck" anymore. Alot of people from the generation of "hard work" but their brain power to work to make products for us that let us spend the day prepping and then sealing it up and then be able to enjoy the car longer w/o needing to have "Popeye arms" to finish the car.

Just recently I've gotten a new car but the previous car was a 2011 and in 2.5 yrs I rubbed on the car 185 times! Did I need to, ofcoarse not, it was just therapy for me but I made a promise to myself that when I applied the newly released Duragloss Nanoglass Ceramic Coating to my car that I would only maintain it with rinseless wash and occasional use of Aquawax too.

Now, about that flip phone, gotta get a smartphone! You can get the Autogeek app on there and kill some time there or whenever you need some info, its right there for you. I'm sure your not on Facebook and guess what, either am I, have no desire to do so either.

BTW, what wax are you using on your ride(s).

WAXOFF
07-13-2014, 01:48 AM
i'm big into Facebook. As for the Smart phone. No way. I sse kids at work all day long wasting time playing with them and it annoys me. My go wax is Collinite products. I used 845 on the Tiguan but I have many other ones also. I'm 60 so I've got a few on you and still do customer details on the weekends. It beats me up, but how many of us still do it for the gratification of just stepping back and looking at a thing of beauty.

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
07-13-2014, 02:16 AM
Congrats! Looks good!

KBsToy
07-13-2014, 05:02 AM
Like I said in my earlier post Happy Wife Happy Life :

SUV looks great !!!!

Romach
07-13-2014, 05:12 AM
Looks really good