PDA

View Full Version : New Formula Blackfire SRC Compound???

Pages : [1] 2 3

WRAPT C5Z06
07-11-2014, 09:16 PM
1200 grit, German technology, diminishing abrasive, excellent finish. Sound a BIT like Wolfgang Uber Compound? *Coming from the same in house brands*, how much different can these products be? Same description. My first thought is re-labeling. It makes plenty of sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

custmsprty
07-11-2014, 09:31 PM
1200 grit, German technology, diminishing abrasive, excellent finish. Sound a BIT like Wolfgang Uber Compound? *Coming from the same in house brands*, how much different can these products be? Same description. My first thought is re-labeling. It makes plenty of sense.

Who cares? Does it really matter? Not to me anyway, just my opinion, as you shared yours I'm sharing mine. :dblthumb2:

Dr Oldz
07-11-2014, 09:44 PM
Who cares? Does it really matter? Not to me anyway, just my opinion, as you shared yours I'm sharing mine. :dblthumb2:

That was very helpful! Thanks :props:

custmsprty
07-11-2014, 09:50 PM
That was very helpful! Thanks :props:

so was this:

A: Who is Gary Dean?

B: by the time you guys have origami of a MF figured out, I'll have my traditional wash method complete.

C: have a nice day!

I'm entitled to my opinion just the same as you are.

It's all good have a great weekend, go detail something.

Im the MANIm the MANIm the MAN

Kamakaz1961
07-11-2014, 10:11 PM

I do agree that PBMG has or might be doing some product sharing. I also believe much of the products from different brands that are not associated with PBMG share the same product too. Branding is big and the marketing makes it bigger. That's why there are so many different Meguiar's products but probably have the same product.

That is why I test out many different brands and come up with own my conclusion whether I will use them or not. If it is a good product I will use them. So do they re-label IMO yes. However, I will continue to use it if I believe they make a great product. Overall, I am satisfied with PBMG as a whole and I am in your camp of re-labeling, however, as long as they make a great product it is OK.

In the case of the Black Label SRC, I recently donated it as I found a much better product IMO and that is Menzerna's FG400, IMO blows BF SRC away.

So if you do have concerns you can go that route. I did based on performance and experience of product. I will still buy products from PBMG just not BL SRC.

:dblthumb2:

swanicyouth
07-11-2014, 10:14 PM

German technology is probably Menzerna - like Uber. But, who knows - maybe it's Scholl's. I don't have a problem if the products are the same and re-labeled. As their has been enough praise of Uber compound that a BF version would only be a plus.

I guess we don't need it, but if the products are quality and work well - it doesn't bother me if it's relabeled. The smart thing to do is pick up whatever one is on promotion.

custmsprty
07-11-2014, 10:24 PM
German technology is probably Menzerna - like Uber. But, who knows - maybe it's Scholl's. I don't have a problem if the products are the same and re-labeled. As their has been enough praise of Uber compound that a BF version would only be a plus.

I guess we don't need it, but if the products are quality and work well - it doesn't bother me if it's relabeled. The smart thing to do is pick up whatever one is on promotion.

Exactly!!! :dblthumb2::dblthumb2::dblthumb2::iagree::iagree:

WRAPT C5Z06
07-11-2014, 10:25 PM

Yes, it DOES matter. I'd rather not buy a product where the label is the ONLY difference. It's introduced as a NEW formula. Sure, it may be a new formula to the original SRC compound, but the same thing as another product. I like to know exactly what I'm buying. This is nothing wrong with my original post. I'd like an explanation.

Setec Astronomy
07-11-2014, 10:32 PM
I like to know exactly what I'm buying.

You'll be buying New Formula Blackfire SRC Compound...exactly. Do you know EXACTLY what anything else is that you are buying? What EXACTLY is the difference between Wolfgang Uber Compound and Menzerna FG400? What EXACTLY makes FG400 work differently or better than other compounds?

Does anyone know EXACTLY what the difference is between the Piggly Wiggly (is that the supermarket chain in CA? Or FL?) frozen peas and the Green Giant and the Birdseye? There are some things we just aren't meant to know.

WRAPT C5Z06
07-11-2014, 10:43 PM
You'll be buying New Formula Blackfire SRC Compound...exactly. Do you know EXACTLY what anything else is that you are buying? What EXACTLY is the difference between Wolfgang Uber Compound and Menzerna FG400? What EXACTLY makes FG400 work differently or better than other compounds?

Does anyone know EXACTLY what the difference is between the Piggly Wiggly (is that the supermarket chain in CA? Or FL?) frozen peas and the Green Giant and the Birdseye? There are some things we just aren't meant to know.

Wrong choice of words. I will never know exactly what I'm buying all the time. I'd be interested in buying the new formula SRC compound, but not if it's a re-labeled Uber. I already have Uber and do not need to buy more of the same product under a different name. So, I posted my concerns. If AG is not willing to answer, I won't buy it. Make sense, PAL?

TuxedoTaurus
07-11-2014, 10:45 PM
I think there is one company behind all detailing supplies the just pour the same compound, polish, wax, APC etc. in different bottles with different labels. They then market each product to different groups at prices people will pay for "X" brand.

Its all a CONSPIRACY and we have all been duped. Some man is on his private island laughing at us all, swimming in a pool full of money a la Uncle Scroog.

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

All kidding aside there is a lot of relabeling. So this more than likely may be a relabel.

custmsprty
07-11-2014, 11:00 PM

:dblthumb2::dblthumb2::dblthumb2: I had to pick myself up off the floor you had me rolling on it so hard!!!

You are the man!! Im the MANIm the MANIm the MAN

Dr Oldz
07-11-2014, 11:19 PM
so was this:

A: Who is Gary Dean?

B: by the time you guys have origami of a MF figured out, I'll have my traditional wash method complete.

C: have a nice day!

I'm entitled to my opinion just the same as you are.

It's all good have a great weekend, go detail something.

Im the MANIm the MANIm the MAN

Well I am glad you found that helpful! Have a GREAT weekend and I also hope you can go detail something.

Nick McKees37
07-12-2014, 05:26 AM

Sorry to burst your bubble Mark, as it seems you put a lot of time and effort into your theory, but they're not the same product.

1200 grit scratch removal is the benchmark for compounds these days, German technology is used in everything from car care to dish ware, and BLACKFIRE SRC Compound using DAT while Uber uses DAT and SMAT.

Maybe you want to call and verify next time you have questions about two different products before posting rumors and speculation on the Internet?

Coming from someone that's actively involved in new product research and development, I can tell you my job would be a heck of a lot easier if all the products were the same!

custmsprty
07-12-2014, 08:05 AM
Sorry to burst your bubble Mark, as it seems you put a lot of time and effort into your theory, but they're not the same product.

1200 grit scratch removal is the benchmark for compounds these days, German technology is used in everything from car care to dish ware, and BLACKFIRE SRC Compound using DAT while Uber uses DAT and SMAT.

Maybe you want to call and verify next time you have questions about two different products before posting rumors and speculation on the Internet?

Coming from someone that's actively involved in new product research and development, I can tell you my job would be a heck of a lot easier if all the products were the same!

There you have it Mark, direct from the source. I agree with Nick, it would have been much more tactful to pick the phone up than calling AG out by starting this thread and starting rampant speculation as you did with your post.
:iagree: