PDA

View Full Version : What do you recommend to put on rubber door and trunk seals?

gbrittenum
07-11-2014, 09:43 AM
I have done a number of searches, but can't really find a thread discussing this issue.

What do you use to clean them and what do you use to keep them flexible to extend their life?

BobbyG
07-11-2014, 09:54 AM
Any of these products will do a great job cleaning and protecting.

CarPro PERL
Wolfgang Exterior Trim
Ultima Tire & Trim
Pinacle Vinyl & Rubber
Meguiar's Ultimate Trim Restorer
Meguiar's #40
PoorBoy's World Trim Restorer

Pureshine
07-11-2014, 10:00 AM
Any of these products will do a great job cleaning and protecting.

CarPro PERL
Wolfgang Exterior Trim
Ultima Tire & Trim
Pinacle Vinyl & Rubber
Meguiar's Ultimate Trim Restorer
Meguiar's #40
PoorBoy's World Trim Restorer

:iagree: CarPro Perl and Sonax trim restore are my go to products.

swanicyouth
07-11-2014, 10:07 AM
You can use almost any trim dressing. I started using Gummi Pfledge by 1Z... However, I recall reading a post by 1Z that GF doesn't really have any UV inhibitors, so for seals exposed to sunlight I tend to grab 303.

Cleaning anything rubber is best done with Tuff Shine tire cleaner IMHO.

Dr_Pain
07-11-2014, 10:15 AM
My favorites (which most were mentioned)

PERL
UTTG
Carpro DLUX

2.ooohhh
07-11-2014, 10:28 AM
For functional seals like door, trunk lid, and convertible top seals Gummi Pfledge every time. For exterior visible seals anything with UV inhibitors that makes them look clean and conditioned.

wytstang
07-11-2014, 11:16 AM
I use Pinnacle R&V dressing but my seals are actually rubber not that foam like material so it works really well for me.

Lost Highway
07-11-2014, 11:18 AM
Duragloss 531, nopareil in this application. It has UV protection and mildew reistance made to stand up to marine applications. Ultima Tire and Trim Guard is also good but 531 is my preferred product in this application. I've never tried DLUX on vinyl seals.
Wulf and 1Z are decent but not my first or second choice. The others, fugetaboutit.

Mizzoutiger
07-11-2014, 09:37 PM
I love Gummi Pflege and UTTG.