PDA

View Full Version : GG 6" DA getting hot?

Hokie335i
07-10-2014, 12:27 PM
Hey guys,
So my Griot's DA has begun to get very hot while using it. I used it on about 8 cars since I've had this one with no issues but the past 2 cars I've done, it's gotten very hot! The backing plate is extremely hot as well as the black piece where the gears are. It's making my pads very hot which is forcing me to let it cool in between panels. Any ideas? I'm confused as to why it's happening all of the sudden. I'm using the washers and the backing plates it came with, both 6" and 5". Haven't changed anything.

Admittedly, I didn't search much. I'm about to place an order and need to know if I need to order new backing plates or anything else that may cure this.

mbkite
07-10-2014, 05:42 PM
Sounds like you need to return it. But you could check a few things.
Do you feal air flow through the machine.
You can take off the backing plate and ck both the free wheeling bearing and the shaft bearing. Last thing I can think of is extension coard is it big enough to handle the load..

Hokie335i
07-10-2014, 06:00 PM
Sounds like you need to return it. But you could check a few things.
Do you feal air flow through the machine.
You can take off the backing plate and ck both the free wheeling bearing and the shaft bearing. Last thing I can think of is extension coard is it big enough to handle the load..

Thanks for the response. The cord is definitely big enough. I'll check bearings though. Then I'll contact griots. Appreciate the help!

Firehouse Mike
07-10-2014, 06:18 PM
Does sound like a machine issue. Used mine almost daily for a couple of years with no issues. If there is minimal air flow (fan is very strong!) or if it doesn't spin freely return it. Gotta love the lifetime warranty!

Hokie335i
07-11-2014, 11:25 AM
Well I sent an email to griots so we'll see! Thanks again guys