PDA

View Full Version : Opti coat on trim

frankprozzoly
07-10-2014, 04:58 AM
If you put this on trim how would something like meguiars hyper dressing effect it. If trim is sealed is it unnecessary to put dressings on to darken or put a little shine on

frankprozzoly
07-10-2014, 05:01 AM
I'm reading up on opti coat and I have a hard time believing that anything is permanent. Is this stuff that good

Setec Astronomy
07-10-2014, 06:18 AM
Opti-Lens might be better on trim, it's got more UV inhibitors.

frankprozzoly
07-10-2014, 06:57 AM
I'll look into it. What about putting dressing over it or is that unnecessary

Evan.J
07-10-2014, 07:14 AM
Yes you can put opti-coat on trim. The point is to keep the trim in the new condition. Just like putting the coating in the paint nothing else will stick to the coating surface. Putting any dressing will have no effect and will be washed off. The coating will make life easier and that the overall point if the coating. It's there to preserve what you have and keep everything looking it's best

The only thing I wouldn't put OC on is the glass.

frankprozzoly
07-10-2014, 07:26 AM
Evan, why doesn't everybody use this. Is it just that people like waxing the car. This stuff seems to be a no brainer, especially on a new car. If I can make a deal with the dealership I'm definitely going to use this

frankprozzoly
07-10-2014, 07:31 AM
If I get a new car I might hire you to put this on so I know its done right

Evan.J
07-10-2014, 07:46 AM
What it comes down to is personal preference. Some love sealants, some love waxes some love the combo of the waxes and sealants, some love coatings.

I would prefer that my personal vehicle is easy maintenance as my time is spent doing other cars so mine comes last.

I like sealants and waxes but I am practical and don't want to have a lose a day of work to polish out my car twice a year. I'll take the coatings do proper care and maintenance and be done with with my car.