PDA

View Full Version : Menzerna Car Care Products.

Pages : [1] 2

Swift
07-08-2014, 09:17 AM
Hi all,

I recently came across Menzerna car care products. They are around for long time. I think proper reviews for Menzerna are hard to find. What I'm looking is durability reviews. How long do they last specially in hot climate (over 110 F temps).

How is Ultra Power Protect, power lock, color lock wax?
Whats the difference between Power Lock and Color Lock?
What's durability of their waxes and sealants?
Are their products fit for high temp climate?
How is durability in comparison to Collinite?
Klasse All in One and Sealant and Glaze make up Klasse Twins, I've read about Menzerna too have twins. Which two products make up their twins?

PS: Since this is my very first post on Autogeek. Let me introduce myself too. I'm from India and live in a city which gets bout 9 months of summers and in hottest months temperatures reaches 45-47C. Car is just few months old and not only I'm newbie to detailing world but also to driving. Car is Suzuki Swift and it's silky sliver color. I named it Lazy Potato, because it kinda looks a lazy bum. :D Currently I use FinishKare 2180 and Collinite 845 as car care products.

Kamakaz1961
07-08-2014, 09:24 AM
IMO Menzerna is one of the best Product Brands around. I had a mixture of products for paint correction and now it is only Menzerna. Power Lock is their Sealant. Color Lock is their Wax. Their FG400 is something everyone should have when it comes to compounding. I use SF4500 for polishing. SF4000 is also great. As for durability I would assume it would be same or better than the competition. As for the wax...I do not know as I use jar waxes. Bottom line you will not be disappointed with the Menzerna Line

cleanmycorolla
07-08-2014, 09:28 AM
Hi all,

I recently came across Menzerna car care products. They are around for long time. I think proper reviews for Menzerna are hard to find. What I'm looking is durability reviews. How long do they last specially in hot climate (over 110 F temps).

How is Ultra Power Protect, power lock, color lock wax? Only used Powelock and Color Lock, and they're good
Whats the difference between Power Lock and Color Lock? one is a wax one is a sealant
What's durability of their waxes and sealants? depends, too many variables and your environment
Are their products fit for high temp climate? wouldn't do this all in the sun, find a garage
How is durability in comparison to Collinite? it won't be as good, but IMO COLLINITE doenst look good, i'd stick with mens
Klasse All in One and Sealant and Glaze make up Klasse Twins, I've read about Menzerna too have twins. Which two products make up their twins? never heard of the menzerna twins, but literally you can combine any products under a line and say their twins however, color lock and powelock I guess would be their "twins"

PS: Since this is my very first post on Autogeek. Let me introduce myself too. I'm from India and live in a city which gets bout 9 months of summers and in hottest months temperatures reaches 45-47C. Car is just few months old and not only I'm newbie to detailing world but also to driving. Car is Suzuki Swift and it's silky sliver color. I named it Lazy Potato, because it kinda looks a lazy bum. :D Currently I use FinishKare 2180 and Collinite 845 as car care products.

Congrats and welcome and take care of Lazy Potato!:dblthumb2:

HUMP DIESEL
07-08-2014, 09:35 AM
Menzerna Powerlok is a sealant, Color Lok is Carnuba wax. Powerlok will get you 3-6 months I think with proper maintenance. ColorLok would be less.
As far as the whole line, you cannot go wrong with Menzerna. As others have mentioned, FG400 is one of those products that continues to defy reason, cuts and then finishes out to a brilliant shine. I too use the other polishes, usually SF4000 to finish out, SF4500 if I am really wanting to make the paint just pop.

HUMP

BrandonS
07-08-2014, 09:59 AM
I have tried most of the compounds available and I am going to strictly menzerna polishes. Specifically fg400 then follow up with polish of choice. I like wolfgang ubercompound as well but Menzerna fg400 is so close and almost always much cheaper. I still finish with blackfire wet diamond. It is pricy but a bottle lasts forever and is easy to use. I usually use less than I once per application, I have not yet tried menzernas sealant but will at some point. I am sure it is good. Good luck!

ScottB
07-08-2014, 06:27 PM
The ceramiclear polishes have been well tested and well regarded. They work very well and finish down quite well also.

RevitalizeAutoSpa
07-08-2014, 07:14 PM
FG400, SF4500, and Color Lock are some of my absolute favorite products. Color Lock gets me about a month and a half to two months.

TuxedoTaurus
07-08-2014, 08:37 PM
Did feel the need to start a new thread.......

Has anyone used Menz Sealing Wax APO 60?

I just picked up the BOGO, and I usually top a AIO with a wax. With this it gives the impression it is a Hybrid Wax/Sealer. Can this be topped with a sealant?

Or is the longevity good enough as a stand alone LSP?

Swift
07-09-2014, 09:59 PM
Congrats and welcome and take care of Lazy Potato!:dblthumb2:

Thanks a ton. I will do. :D

Swift
07-09-2014, 10:11 PM
FG400 is compounding. The car is just a few months old, doesn't really have any surface imperfections/swirls, so I'm not sure if I need this at the moment. Correct me if I'm wrong. Which polish should I buy? Will I need Super Intensive SI 1500 or Power Finish PF 2500? Or I should skip all these and go straight to SF 4000/4500?

After claying and compounding, which polish should I go for? (Super Intensive, Power Finish, Final Finish and Super Finish)

Apart from Cut and gloss level, is there any difference between all these polishes?
Will menzerna polish gel well with Finishkare 2180 and collinite 845?

conquistador
07-09-2014, 11:52 PM
Only you can determine what polish is needed. Paint systems vary by manufacturer, date manufactured, amount of damage to the paint, your expectations, etc...

So to answer your question purchase Fg400 2500 and 4000. That way you have a good range and can determine what looks/ works the best.

Goldcaddy
07-10-2014, 01:09 AM
Even PG1000 with the duetto/mf pad wouldn't get rid of the swirls/scratches in my brand new Prius. Had to bust out FG400 to get the job done. As people have said always do a test spot with the least aggressive combo. Start with SF4000 and go from there.

EVOlved
07-10-2014, 01:35 AM
Only you can determine what polish is needed. Paint systems vary by manufacturer, date manufactured, amount of damage to the paint, your expectations, etc...

So to answer your question purchase Fg400 2500 and 4000. That way you have a good range and can determine what looks/ works the best.

:iagree: and once you do one car there is no way you won't be doing more so good to have a variety on hand to tackle just about any situation. Can't stress enough about the test spot. Check it out here http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/how-articles/50162-how-do-test-spot.html .

Swift
07-24-2014, 02:38 PM
Sorry for delay in replying. I don't have access to internet much. :(

But thanks a ton guys. :) Appreciate it.

Bicycle
07-24-2014, 02:44 PM
FG400, SF4500, and Color Lock are some of my absolute favorite products. Color Lock gets me about a month and a half to two months.

With the 4500 polish, what pads are you using??