PDA

View Full Version : lc mf pad on flex 3401 and m105 too grabby

dfoxengr
07-07-2014, 09:50 AM
How are you controlling the "grabbiness" of mf pads on the flex? I tried spritzing with onr but that didnt last long. The lc mf pad is a very thin one. I switched back to orange foam and had no more problems like this.

Kamakaz1961
07-07-2014, 09:57 AM
I have had great success with the Lake Country CCS pads. I tried others and IMO the CCS pads work best for me. I have used the B&S Hex logic (same as CG) and they are thin and flatten out real easy. The CCS pads do not.

I have never used the MF pads and have no comment on them as I have great success with the CCS pads.

I would assume that is what you experienced as I did with the Hex Logics. Hex Logics are nice pads but not for me.

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
07-07-2014, 10:17 AM
MF pads do not play well at all with the forced rotation of the Flex 3401. It you need more cut substitute a purple hybrid wool pad. This plays much better with the 3401 and offers more cut than MF.

allenk4
07-07-2014, 04:35 PM
It has been suggested that the Meguiar's Foam Interface Pad will help significantly with this issue with the 3401.

I have one in my cart along with 6" Xtra Cut and Cutting DAMF's.

I will have to cut them down by hand, as they seem to work best on my PC 3" backing plate when the MF pad extends just past the edge of the BP. I had my FLEX BP machined down to accommodate 5 1/2 LC pads.

I have tried the LC Purple Foam and the Sufbuf pads and didn't like either one that much. It was difficult to get much working time out of either one and I wasn't able to get the DAT compounds to breakdown before they dried up.

WRAPT C5Z06
07-07-2014, 06:04 PM
MF pads do not play well at all with the forced rotation of the Flex 3401. It you need more cut substitute a purple hybrid wool pad. This plays much better with the 3401 and offers more cut than MF.
:iagree: