PDA

View Full Version : MB Detail Menzerna Q's

Pages : [1] 2

REZBMR
07-31-2007, 12:48 PM
I just purchased the menzerna nano polish in order to detail a 2007 mb cls 550 with the ceramiclear clearcote...while the car is brand new i'm sure there are some swirls in the paint, most probably minor...would i need the menzerna SIP or will the nano polish with an orange LC pad work to remove the minor swirls? in addition, should i then go over the car with the nano one more time but with a white pad after polishing with the orange pad?

robzie
07-31-2007, 01:13 PM
try the nano with a green pad first and see if it takes care of the minor swirls.

switch to orange w/ nano if you don't see any corrections.

REZBMR
07-31-2007, 01:14 PM
so i guess this polish is some pretty serious stuff...

robzie
07-31-2007, 01:16 PM
depends, that's why you need to check your work, but the rule of thumb is to go least aggressive before getting to the most aggressive polsih/pad combo

REZBMR
07-31-2007, 01:19 PM
yeah i planned on that for sure...i just didn't order any SIP, the menzerna line is way pricey. let's hope i can do at least some correction on minor swirls with the 106ff, and get a nice result

Thejoyofdriving
07-31-2007, 02:24 PM
Beware, some menzerna polishes have a very small working time. On my IP I only get like 10 seconds. Some polishes like nano can be worked longer, but still a shorter working time than most polishes.

REZBMR
07-31-2007, 02:43 PM
so i have heard...i also heard that if you work with the polish in the sun or on a hot car than the work time will be much less than needed...i plan on doing the work in the garage out of the sun so i should be ok...

devst8
07-31-2007, 03:46 PM
Beware, some menzerna polishes have a very small working time. On my IP I only get like 10 seconds. Some polishes like nano can be worked longer, but still a shorter working time than most polishes.

10 seconds??:confused: I don't even know if there's even a polish that break down that fast....

my SIP has a long working time for sure. my only *complain* is menzerna polish dust a little (but it's fix using a dab of OP)

ScottB
07-31-2007, 05:43 PM
so i have heard...i also heard that if you work with the polish in the sun or on a hot car than the work time will be much less than needed...i plan on doing the work in the garage out of the sun so i should be ok...

humidity and direct sunlight can effect a polishes working time. Dont worry though, 10 seconds is a highly exadurated on all Menzerna polishes to date. Trust me, I have them all in live in Florida climate !

Thejoyofdriving
07-31-2007, 05:51 PM
Dont worry though, 10 seconds is a highly exadurated on all Menzerna polishes to date.
No offence, but how do you know? You are not standing next to me. The stop watch does not lie. Again, cool weather and cool surface. Maybe there is something wrong with my batch, but Im telling you what results I am getting

ASPHALT ROCKET
07-31-2007, 07:56 PM
Menzerna has a long working time-no truth to only working for 10 sec. It is true not to use in the sun or on a hot surface. You will be very happy with the results of 106 on black when you get done.

Thejoyofdriving
07-31-2007, 10:24 PM
You will be very happy with the results of 106 on black when you get done.

I already did, wasnt impressed

ASPHALT ROCKET
07-31-2007, 10:44 PM
Actually Joy that was not directed to you, it was info for REZBMR. It is already well known on this forum joy, that you do not know what you are doing.

Rsurfer
07-31-2007, 10:50 PM
Actually Joy that was not directed to you, it was info for REZBMR. It is already well known on this forum joy, that you do not know what you are doing.
I think joy has a right to his opinions, however, opinions are like a** holes, everyone has one.

ASPHALT ROCKET
07-31-2007, 10:53 PM
Yes, everyone has an opinion, but there is a difference when you do not know what you are talking about. I was trying to help rezbmr so he was not misinformed about a product.