PDA

View Full Version : Yuck Bug Guts

CAMMIN HEMI
07-06-2014, 09:53 PM
I have a daily driver I'm trying to keep in good condition. Problem is I only have time to wash the car about every 2 to 3 weeks. I'm worried about the bugs on the front end damaging the clear coat. What, if any, is the best product to use on the front end? A coating?, sealer?, synthetic wax?, carnauba wax? Thanks for your help!!!

Vivant511
07-06-2014, 09:58 PM
A coating would be my choice, that way I can use a quality bug and tar remover as part of my pre-wash regiment without worrying about it stripping off the protection like carnauba waxes or some sealants would. It's the chemical resistance benefit that I'm sold on with most coatings.

jamesboyy
07-06-2014, 09:59 PM
If it was me I would place a coating onto the vehicle once polished to perfection then if you wanna go a little more OCD then clear bra the front end of your vehicle

RobertJ34
07-06-2014, 10:02 PM
basically, the order you put it in is the length of the durability (coating, sealant, syn wax, carnuba wax) A coating should be the easiest to clean off and best to use, but as long as you have some type of protectant on it, it would be easy to clean.

You could also get a product such as Detailers Road Kill Bug Remover, Griots Garage Bug&Smudge Remover, or Poorboy’s Bug Squash to name a few (all clear coat safe) to help remove these bugs in between washes or after long drives, etc etc.

spewking
07-07-2014, 04:46 AM
Bug squash is my current favorite.