PDA

View Full Version : washing

marlonrg3
07-06-2014, 11:42 AM
after washing and drying my car i feel like i'm missing something . i use onr since i live in a apartment complex i vacuum, i clean the glass, tires. but the next morning there seems to be pollen all over my car and windows which upsets me . i know i cant control the weather but is the something i can use to may this problem less annoying

pld
07-06-2014, 11:48 AM
after washing and drying my car i feel like i'm missing something . i use onr since i live in a apartment complex i vacuum, i clean the glass, tires. but the next morning there seems to be pollen all over my car and windows which upsets me . i know i cant control the weather but is the something i can use to may this problem less annoying
The only thing I can see you needing is a garage, an uncovered vehicle especially cleaned will show pollen and dust. I've yet to discover a fix for this.

TuxedoTaurus
07-06-2014, 12:18 PM
I keep one of these The Original California Duster a gentle and effective cleaning tool for paint surfaces, this legend in car detailing has history behind it. (http://www.autogeek.net/caldus.html) in my trunk. It always stays in the bag. The trick is to using it is to barley sweep over the surface. DO NOT SCRUB the paint with it. This easily takes off pollen and light dust. If lightly sweeping does not get rid of whats on the car it needs to be washed. It works extremely well on a well maintained (waxed,sealed, or coated) surface.

molarman
07-07-2014, 09:22 AM
amen to the California duster, it works well , and a gentle sweeping action is all that's required

Kamakaz1961
07-07-2014, 10:05 AM
I keep one of these The Original California Duster a gentle and effective cleaning tool for paint surfaces, this legend in car detailing has history behind it. (http://www.autogeek.net/caldus.html) in my trunk. It always stays in the bag. The trick is to using it is to barley sweep over the surface. DO NOT SCRUB the paint with it. This easily takes off pollen and light dust. If lightly sweeping does not get rid of whats on the car it needs to be washed. It works extremely well on a well maintained (waxed,sealed, or coated) surface.

:iagree:The Duster is awesome if used right. That is important. Used wrong...hello scratching! As for the duster in the bag try not putting it back in the bag. The strings flatten out and just hang which is the way I like it. It looks like bangs on the head. It works better.

Try the Duster without the bag for a few days and see what you think TuxedoTaurus.

So I agree with you 95%...LOL Try the other 5% (no bag)

BTW, I used the bangs on the head analogy because I am jealous I am bald!!!.....LOL

TuxedoTaurus
07-07-2014, 10:12 AM
So I agree with you 95%...LOL Try the other 5% (no bag)

I would probably hang it up if I did not travel. When I am in the US I put anywhere from 5-10k miles a month on the car.

So the duster lives in my trunk. I just give it a few good shakes and it seem to bring the life back in it. When it goes in the bag I don't just mash it there. I try to make sure the strands stay flat.