PDA

View Full Version : bottle change for Optimum sprays

wangotango
07-06-2014, 11:25 AM
Just ordered new spray polishes from Optimum via AG recent sale.
Worried about the spray bottles as that's what I've read here.
Bought bulk sizes and want to get good bottles for the spray.
Although the product (if mixed up in container properly) would probly be ok in a regular squeeze bottle, I like the spray concept.
Gonna look for a spray bottle that works well for this product.
Not just a good spray bottle but one that works well for this product.
Maybe one in the same.
Anyone done this?

Hope you all have enjoyed your holiday weekend.

golliger
07-06-2014, 11:57 AM
Just ordered new spray polishes from Optimum via AG recent sale.
Worried about the spray bottles as that's what I've read here.
Bought bulk sizes and want to get good bottles for the spray.
Although the product (if mixed up in container properly) would probly be ok in a regular squeeze bottle, I like the spray concept.
Gonna look for a spray bottle that works well for this product.
Not just a good spray bottle but one that works well for this product.
Maybe one in the same.
Anyone done this?

Hope you all have enjoyed your holiday weekend.

I noticed on the website for Optimum in Australia the spray polishes are pictured with a different sprayer.
It looks like a blue & white Tolco 320. Basically the non chemical resistant version of this sprayer.High Output Chemical Resistant Sprayer (http://www.autogeek.net/chemical-resistant-sprayer.html)
I haven't tried this sprayer for the Optimum polishes, but I do use them for a lot of other products and they are really nice.

ZeroSP
07-06-2014, 12:50 PM
I noticed on the website for Optimum in Australia the spray polishes are pictured with a different sprayer.
It looks like a blue & white Tolco 320. Basically the non chemical resistant version of this sprayer.High Output Chemical Resistant Sprayer (http://www.autogeek.net/chemical-resistant-sprayer.html)
I haven't tried this sprayer for the Optimum polishes, but I do use them for a lot of other products and they are really nice.

It works well. In my place, we used this kind of sprayer too. We dubbed them as "Taiwan Spray", while the original one we used to dub them as "USA Spray".

wangotango
07-06-2014, 02:02 PM
tks golliger and ZeroSP
I think the sprayer is a clogging issue
Would make sense that a spray polish would be thicker than normal liquids thus the sprayer need maybe a bigger orifice.
Possibly a top quality sprayer as you noted would make the difference.
If not...maybe a tiny size drill bit (such as to clean out torch tips) would just open it up about 10%.
All good info, thanks.

ZeroSP
07-07-2014, 05:33 PM
tks golliger and ZeroSP
I think the sprayer is a clogging issue
Would make sense that a spray polish would be thicker than normal liquids thus the sprayer need maybe a bigger orifice.
Possibly a top quality sprayer as you noted would make the difference.
If not...maybe a tiny size drill bit (such as to clean out torch tips) would just open it up about 10%.
All good info, thanks.

Yup clogging and then drying/caking out issue if left for long time.

We even tried to dismantle the sprayer to clean it, they don't work as well as originally intended, so best to change sprayer.

Alek@DeepClean
07-07-2014, 06:10 PM
Subbed. I'm going to be buying the refill sizes tonight since they're on a HUGE discount, but I don't have the sprayers. Would love to know what I might have success with.

Mizzoutiger
07-08-2014, 12:44 AM
My fav Kwazar Mercury Pro + Double-Action Spray Bottles, high output sprayers, detail sprayers, chemical sprayers (http://www.autogeek.net/kwazar-sprayers.html)

Harry Da Hamster
07-08-2014, 12:50 AM
I was going to buy one of those Kwazar double action sprayers until i read the specs and found out that many single action sprayers have higher output.

wangotango
07-08-2014, 11:52 PM
I'm thinking that quality of bottle mechanics and amount of output due to spraying on the squeeze and subsequent release of trigger makes no difference if the hole it's coming out of is standard size for a more "water-like' product....apc's, solvents, and such. I'm going to get a few bottles of various types and qualities and try them.

I'm no donut, but I think it's all about the hole.

wangotango
07-20-2014, 11:59 AM
Tried these two last night (Opti spray compound/Opti spray polish) from a spray bottle I bought as I got the Opti in bulk.
Home depot spray bottle with yellow handle ($3.00) and the grey-brown (non see-thru) one for about $5 both worked ok.
The Opti compound is much thicker than the polish.
Over time I'm seeing these sprayers clogging.
Just a guess.
Had that feel.
The product did not dust at all and stayed workable for a good time in a garage on a warm evening.
The polish felt a little less aggressive than M205.
The compound felt a little less aggressive than M105.

wangotango
07-20-2014, 04:38 PM
Upon further review.
In ref to the Home Depot spray bottle offers:
The $5 model is the Spraymaster.
The $3 model is the ZEP Professional (yellow handle).
I use the ZEP's for almost everything. Good bottle.
Just tried the more expensive to compare.

Hazcat
07-20-2014, 05:53 PM
I used the spray compound to take out 1000 grit sanding scratches and it finished out like a polish. I didn't even use the spray polish it looked so good. I couldn't believe how quick it took out the sanding scratches and left a perfect finish. I'm trying to figure out what to use the polish on. Probably black paint. I am very impressed with the products. Next time I use them I'll have to set up the camera.