PDA

View Full Version : It's good that I only ordered 32oz

pld
07-05-2014, 08:07 AM
Picked up some Optimum car wash to try out because I ran out of Duragloss car wash ; only using my griots garage car wash for wheel wells and rim's ( thats basically all its good for) and I have to say Duragloss is waaaay better than optimum for me.:dblthumb2:

HD.Detailing
07-05-2014, 08:15 AM
I love my Optimum soap.. why would you say duragloss is better? Sell me! haha

pld
07-05-2014, 10:45 AM
I love my Optimum soap.. why would you say duragloss is better? Sell me! haha
I mix both at 1/2oz/gal and dg is more slick (lubricated) and user friendly when it comes to water spots on black paint; sure miss how the paint pops after washing with dg. Don't get me wrong Optimum is a great shampoo but for me its not as good as dg and where I buy my products in Canada both dg and optimum car washes are the same price.

JHL88
07-05-2014, 12:10 PM
I guess everyone is different. I disagree with OCW vs DG but honestly, I wasn't all that impressed with DG compared to the other soaps I have/used. Plus, I hate the cherry cough syrup smell. To each their own.

HD.Detailing
07-05-2014, 01:39 PM
im always up for trying new stuff.. my zaino soap wwas/is my fav.. switched to optimum 2 years ago to get bigger quantities

RobertJ34
07-05-2014, 01:59 PM
I love the optimum, but everyone has their own thing. have yet to use DG, but want to soon.

Optimum works great on my black paint, great on water spots and I'm down here in FL. Lots of rain and lots of run this time of year.

Smells great as well! thats always a plus. Foams well out of foam cannon

pld
07-05-2014, 04:33 PM
It's just my opinion;next time I'll keep it to myself. Sorry guy's

Hazcat
07-05-2014, 04:46 PM
It's just my opinion;next time I'll keep it to myself. Sorry guy's

Share your opinion any chance you get. Optimum has a cult following and you'll get hit every time. That doesn't make your opinion less valid. I love Optimum products myself but haven't tried the shampoo so I can't comment. I love DG as well and there's a huge following of their products. I think Aquawax should be enshrined in a spray wax hall of fame. There was a time I didn't like Optimum Car Wax but had a ton of it and found a certain MF towel I was using was the culprit. Now I like OCW and have the dilemma of which to use from this point forward. I'm sure the post will balance out given time. If not, your opinion is still valid.

RobZ71LM7
07-05-2014, 06:05 PM
I've been wanting to try optimum car wash. I normally use DG, but I'm getting tired of it and the smell almost makes me sick at times.

pld
07-05-2014, 06:24 PM
I've been wanting to try optimum car wash. I normally use DG, but I'm getting tired of it and the smell almost makes me sick at times.
Theres so,so many high end products out there, I like trying different brands(probably out of boredom) and yes I'm also an Optimum junkie (polishes and spray car wax-- awesome stuff):xyxthumbs:

hernandez.art13
07-05-2014, 06:42 PM
I have Optimum Car Wash Soap and feel that it is great. The Duragloss soap is great too however, but really like and prefer the Optimum soap.

Meguiar's Hyper Wash Soap is my next soap I will be trying out. I am only about half way through the gallon of Optimum Car Was Soap though.

tpr1634
07-05-2014, 07:28 PM
Well I'll throw another twist, I use optimum and I like it but I went back to mr.pink.:buffing:

Dr Oldz
07-05-2014, 08:15 PM
There are so many good soaps out there. Use what you like and thanks for sharing your opinion.

I think one factor that gives us different results with shampoos is the water in your specific area. Some people have hard water and others softer. So it's something to think about when "judging" shampoos.