PDA

View Full Version : Big Problem

Sixbanger
07-04-2014, 10:17 PM
Was using AutoSkin NanoScrub and the "pad" failed on me while using it. Leaving me these little smudge marks on the door that are very difficult to remove. I've tried Griot's detailing spray and that's not working. Please help me out guys, thanks.

TuxedoTaurus
07-04-2014, 10:22 PM
I would try a tar remover, Goo Gone, or something similar. I have never had a BP fail on me like that, but would assume something like that would remove it.

jsgntulok
07-04-2014, 10:31 PM
I would try a tar remover, Goo Gone, or something similar. I have never had a BP fail on me like that, but would assume something like that would remove it.
I second trying tar remover.

swanicyouth
07-04-2014, 11:03 PM
If tar remover doesn't work - and it may not since a lot of the USA stuff isn't solvent based anymore, I've had luck getting the worse sticky stuff off with this method:

1. Heat sticky stuff up with a heat gun. Don't fry your paint.

2. Place some compound on a microfiber hand pad (a towel may work) that has been partially soaked in mineral spirits ( working area ).

3. Then scrub the area with the compound / mineral spirits combo while continuing to heat it ( the goo/panel ) with the heat gun. Don't burn your hands. Don't burn your paint. Don't start a fire. Don't drink mineral spirits or spray it in your eyes.

Mineral spirits will smoke - just keep re-wetting and adding a bit ( dot ) of compound as needed.

This should work if other less aggressive options suggested fail (try claying first - although I doubt it will work). Use common sense - don't wreck anything. Paint can get pretty hot - but it can be fried, so care and judgement is required. I've done this method without creating any marring or needing any follow up polishing.

aztec1987
07-05-2014, 12:44 AM
I have used this clay & scrubber and turns out that the clay part was staining the paint.....last time I purchase that crap!

Sixbanger
07-05-2014, 08:31 AM
I have used this clay & scrubber and turns out that the clay part was staining the paint.....last time I purchase that crap!

I know I threw that NanoScrub #### out and send them an email with my concern.
Myles

EVOlved
07-05-2014, 10:47 AM
What speed were you running the polisher at?? Were you doing this out in direct sunlight? Or did you apply heavy pressure to the polisher?

The reason I ask this I have had one streak of this happen with my nanoskin products and believe it is heat related, which would lead me to believe that you had an issue with one of the above or just didn't use enough lube.

Audios S6
07-05-2014, 12:14 PM
Did you use a tar remover like tarminator prior to claying? I've had this happen when all the solvent wasn't removed prior to using the nanoskin/speedy prep. Tarminator or body prep solvent will take it off no problem.

Sixbanger
07-05-2014, 10:25 PM
I had some Tarminator and it took it right off, thanks guys. I love coming on in here for great input.
Myles

Sixbanger
07-06-2014, 06:57 AM
What speed were you running the polisher at?? Were you doing this out in direct sunlight? Or did you apply heavy pressure to the polisher?

The reason I ask this I have had one streak of this happen with my nanoskin products and believe it is heat related, which would lead me to believe that you had an issue with one of the above or just didn't use enough lube.

Speed was 1 on the PC xp and it was at night without any pressure.