PDA

View Full Version : CQUK-Brilliant Black Mazda CX9

MshawnBauer
07-04-2014, 12:29 PM
Tried out CQUK! Gotta say, it's awesome! Application was a bit different. I am used to Opti-Coat. I just have to be faster with the CQUK. I will say the shine is noticeably more intense than opti coat, I also think it leaves a darker gloss. I am anxious to see how it compares (durability wise) to opticoat. This is the family truckster, so it gets a lot of use! Anywho, procedure was wash, clay, FG400 then optimum finish polish (via the Rupes 21 with green then yellow pads) did an eraser wiped own and finished up with the CQUK. Overall very pleased. I waited too long to wipe down the hood and had to rebuff and reply, but other than that no issues! Great stuff! I'll let the pics do the rest of the talking!

Rsurfer
07-04-2014, 01:22 PM
Very nice. Is it slick like Blackfire, Menzerna or Wolfgang?

Tato
07-04-2014, 01:37 PM
Wonderful work! I've just received my first UK bottle, and will apply to a black car like you did. If my results come closer to what you're showing, I'm pretty sure I'll (and customer) be more than happy!

Thanks for sharing.

Zelfiris
07-04-2014, 03:07 PM
Very nice!

I have been very slow in correcting my daily drive to apply CQUK. I'm hoping I can finish down like yours :D

MshawnBauer
07-04-2014, 03:37 PM
Thanks for the nice words, I was nervous about the CQUK after all the trouble threads, but I learned it's very important to do (1) panel at a time! I tried to do the hood and the front quarter panel and it was an absolute bear to remove. I ended up having to rebuff the hood and re-apply. With the opticoat, I could do a few panels and then wipe off, not this stuff! It is also very smooth and feels waxed, verses the somewhat sticky opticoat. I'm hooked, standby for next week. I'll be doing my personal black magic, VW GTI!

Harry Da Hamster
07-04-2014, 03:44 PM
I will be applying CQUK for the first time soon. Thanks for your insight and pix.

WRAPT C5Z06
07-04-2014, 03:46 PM
With Opti-Coat, it's recommended to buff as little as possible as it may compromise the coating. Some say to not buff OC even if there's high spots. Let cure, then remove high spots by hand with a light polish. No thanks.

With UK, apply, wait a minute or 2 and buff as much as you want. It's simple to apply. If you apply reload(recommended)1 hour after removing UK, then it becomes nice and slick.

07-04-2014, 03:52 PM
Beautiful work!

Rsurfer
07-04-2014, 04:21 PM
With Opti-Coat, it's recommended to buff as little as possible as it may compromise the coating. Some say to not buff OC even if there's high spots. Let cure, then remove high spots by hand with a light polish. No thanks.

With UK, apply, wait a minute or 2 and buff as much as you want. It's simple to apply. If you apply reload(recommended)1 hour after removing UK, then it becomes nice and slick.

If you don't use Reload will it be grabby like OC?

WRAPT C5Z06
07-04-2014, 04:26 PM
If you don't use Reload will it be grabby like OC?

IME, it's not slick without reload. For comparison, Americoat is slick after wiping off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk