PDA

View Full Version : Water spots

frankprozzoly
07-04-2014, 11:25 AM
I left water spots on the car for a few days and that's all it takes to screw up a black car. I used optimum finishing polish with a finishing pad. Helped a little.

So I tried a little more aggressive pad. Helped a little more.

So I guess I have to polish again since the finishing polish isn't working completely. I'm gonna trade this car in for silver if I have to compound again. What a pain in the ass

builthatch
07-04-2014, 12:19 PM
1. where was the water from?

2. was the finish protected?

i suggest coating with Opti-Coat. once cured, the coating will be way more durable re: spotting vs. a waxed or sealed clear coat. then, you should be able to take a good all in one like Poli-Seal and knock those spots out easily.

frankprozzoly
07-04-2014, 12:36 PM
Just a quick rain. Didn't feel like wiping the car down after work. It was protected with a meguiars sealant

goldenlight
07-04-2014, 01:06 PM
A mild polish like m205 on a polishing pad should remove them with no trouble using a DA

Rsurfer
07-04-2014, 01:08 PM
Just a quick rain. Didn't feel like wiping the car down after work. It was protected with a meguiars sealant

If you get it soon enough, white vinegar will work. If not, a water spot remover (MX7) would be better than removing clear coat with a compound. A coating as suggested earlier would be your best bet. We can send a man to the moon, but we can't stop water spots.