PDA

View Full Version : Another Newbie here

Perfessor
07-30-2007, 07:54 PM
First post here in Autogeek. I found this site doing a search for the proper care of a convertible top. While the previous owner took good care of the car (2003 Eclipse Spyder Dark gray), he must have kept the top down most of the time. It was clean, but every time it rained, it looked like it was soaking up the water instead of it rolling off. I had ordered the 303 convertible top kit and it actually arrived just as I was finishing up waxing the car. Great timing Autogeek! :applause:
Following the directions I sprayed the top, then about 4 hours later, sprayed it again. I couldn't let it dry in the sun as it was pouring rain (south Florida, ya know?). Next day at work it started raining (again) and i saw that part of the top was repelling the rain and part wasn't. Not quite half and half. So when I go home, after making sure it ws dry, I sprayed the top again (3rd time).
Next day at work it (yes again, Hey it's the rainy season down here) rained again. I was still seeing some patches, mostly around the back window, where it looked to be soaking in.
At this point, I was begining to wonder about the quality of this 303 fabric guard. But I again sprayed the top.
Now I am impressed. It (of course) rained again today at work, but the rain just seems to be floating just above the material and just running down the sides the way it should.
Now that I told you all that, here's my question - How often shoud I re-retreat the top to keep it doing this?

Tonya
07-30-2007, 08:11 PM
Welcome to the group Perfessor!! Can't help you with your question, but someone will soon. Just wanted to extend a warm welcome!

Jimmie
07-30-2007, 09:13 PM
Welcome Perfessor. Can't answer either. If you're a real Professor I'll take a wild guess, hehehe:)

richy
07-30-2007, 09:13 PM
Welcome to AG Professor. Go to 303's site and ask them what they recommend.

ltoman
07-30-2007, 09:43 PM
Welcome, professor!!
(Sorry, all my convertibles are and have been targas, but someone will pop in.)
Post us some pics, and welcome once again!!
~LT~

07ImpalaSS
07-30-2007, 09:50 PM
Welcome to the forums.

gary26
07-30-2007, 10:47 PM
Welcome to the site !!! Someone always has an opinion here, and good one's at that.