PDA

View Full Version : Found out today one reason I`ve been so sick.

Pages : [1] 2

57BORNTORUN
07-02-2014, 09:10 PM
The Doctor prescribed the wrong meds. that has Lithium in it.The kind you find in batteries.I have been ingesting batteries for months without knowing it.I have`nt been able to keep anything down and have weeks of it to filter out of my body.Back in the hospital on Tuesday.Battling enough and now this.Can`t go through any more treatments for the real problems till my body can filter it.Not looking for pity ,just be careful.Stay well my friends.

mfrickman
07-02-2014, 09:15 PM
Hope you feel better! Any possible malpractice?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AG Online

DaveT435
07-02-2014, 09:16 PM
Sorry you've been feeling so bad. Thoughts and prayers are with you. Not pity...just deal with my own issues and know it can be tough at times. Stay strong.

custmsprty
07-02-2014, 09:17 PM
Hope you have a speedy recovery and have a good relaxing 4th of July!

swanicyouth
07-02-2014, 09:24 PM
The Doctor prescribed the wrong meds. that has Lithium in it.The kind you find in batteries.I have been ingesting batteries for months without knowing it.I have`nt been able to keep anything down and have weeks of it to filter out of my body.Back in the hospital on Tuesday.Battling enough and now this.Can`t go through any more treatments for the real problems till my body can filter it.Not looking for pity ,just be careful.Stay well my friends.

What happened - if you don't mind sharing? Lithium carbonate is used specifically as a psych med to control "mood swings" or bipolar disorder. I thought the problems you were battling were physical (if I recall)...

Did you somehow get the wrong script? Lithium is what's known as narrow therapeutic index drug - which means there is a fine line between efficacy and toxicity. It's not something a doctor will usually give without careful consideration or first exhausting other options...

rmagnus
07-02-2014, 10:56 PM
I hope they get it figured out. Don't start me on doctors, ugh. Keep the faith and get better quickly.

Durallymax
07-03-2014, 12:55 AM

Not to pick on you specifically, but this is an example of scientific illiteracy and how it can be used to scare people into anything.

Lithium is prescribed as a medication for many mental disorders. Sure its also found in batteries. That doesn't make it bad. Understanding the proper ratios of chemicals and how they react is more important than anything. I am no chemist thats for sure, but I do deal with a lot of supposed "food experts" often that talk about all of the "toxic chemicals" in and on our food. They often make connections such as this one as the basis of their claims. One thats very common is that we apply Agent Orange to our crops. This couldn't be more wrong, but since we apply 2,4-D and it was a component of Agent Orange, many will jump to that conclusion and scare the masses into how their food is so terrible.

I don't know what you are going through, and wish you the best. A miswritten script is bad no matter what, just be careful how you describe things. Remember our bodies are simply a proper mix of chemicals working together. If you deciphered all of them you could find how toxic they are when used in many other things, but thats not what matters. If you don't remember it or never heard of it, look up DHMO/Hydric Acid.

Good luck on your recovery.

57BORNTORUN
07-03-2014, 06:49 AM
What happened - if you don't mind sharing? Lithium carbonate is used specifically as a psych med to control "mood swings" or bipolar disorder. I thought the problems you were battling were physical (if I recall)...

Did you somehow get the wrong script? Lithium is what's known as narrow therapeutic index drug - which means there is a fine line between efficacy and toxicity. It's not something a doctor will usually give without careful consideration or first exhausting other options...
Yes I have Bipolar as well.One Dr. switched my meds.when I lost my insurance that I had been paying for 20 years because of ACA.I kept complaining about throwing up everyday so they gave me meds. for that.Could`nt keep it down.
When my Gastroenteritis got back from his month long vacation he tested me and found toxic levels of Lithium.Now no meds. until I get out of the hospital on Tuesday or Wednesday for regular treatments and tests.

bulldog shine
07-03-2014, 07:01 AM
Prayers my friend.

dad07
07-03-2014, 07:26 AM
My thoughts and prayers for you, Tim

Get well very soon my friend!

sproketser
07-03-2014, 07:29 AM
Hope you ll get back on track soon mate ! & that they figure out what went wrong .

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
07-03-2014, 07:49 AM
Prayers on their way Tim. I hope you get to feeling better.

Klasse Act
07-03-2014, 08:17 AM
Get well soon, thoughts and prayers go out to you!

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online

DetailKitty
07-03-2014, 08:33 AM
Get well!
This sucks that things are complicated for you.

BobbyG
07-03-2014, 08:33 AM
WOW Tim, this isn't something any of us ever want to have happen. We seek a physicians knowledge and treatment for a specific ailment and trust them with our lives. Man, this must have been a shocker but at least now you're on the mend and I hope you're back to normal sooner than later.

I hope this isn't something that has affected you permanently....:eek: