PDA

View Full Version : Car care products that can be used post sealant application

devP
07-01-2014, 12:49 PM
Dear AutoGeeks,

I am new to detailing world. I need experts opinion on usage of certain products post sealant application.

I have got Carpro Cquartz applied on my car body paint, Carpro flyby30 on the windshield glass, Gtechniq C5 on the alloy wheels couple of months before.

I am happy with those products.

For daily/periodical cleaning purpose, i have purchased below products without much knowledge whether these are same on the car which is protected by sealants.

Auto Finesse Citrus power for removing bug and grime especially on lower part of body panels.
Auto Finesse Imperial for cleaning wheels.
Auto Finesse Crystal glass cleaner

Although product description mentioned that its safe on sealants, i want to know experts opinion on this.
Will those affect the sealant life span on the car or harm the sealant by any chance?

Any help is highly appreciated :xyxthumbs:

Thanks DevP

jamesboyy
07-01-2014, 09:21 PM
The window coating last about six months, the wheel coating, last up to a year and the paint coating last for a year or two as well with that said I would just use the glass cleaner cause from the description it don't seem to have any stripping properties or will lessen the life of the window coating like windshield wiper fluid would as for the wheel cleaner ill save that, and just use car wash soap, rag, and brush lastly the paint coating will have a resistant to some cleaners therefore using the bug cleaner should not the harm the paint coating

Lowejackson
07-02-2014, 07:01 AM
As much as I like the Flyby30 I have not had more than a couple of months before it has failed although it is very easy to reapply. Not tried the AF glass cleaner so cannot say from experience what will happen but it may reduce the durability of the CarPro by a bit. Only way to know is to try it

PiPUK
07-02-2014, 11:36 AM
AF imperial is massively strongly alkaline - the corrosive symbol on the bottle should give that away. As per my discussions elsewhere, sealants are hard to strip and very few water based products will strip in one go. To that end, I would not be surprised that Imperial would not strip in one go but it will be one of the most aggressive options sold as 'detailing' grade so I would urge you to consider milder options.

Crystal is also pretty potent - it has more IPA in it than would be usual for glass cleaners so, again, whilst it will not likely strip in one go, there are other options which will diminish your protection much less rapidly.

CDot
07-02-2014, 12:46 PM
Welcome to AGO!

I'm not an expert, so you can take my opinion with a grain of salt..

Most glass cleaners should be safe for use on any sealant, although some are stronger than others. PiPUK brings up a good point about those with high alcohol content.

I would generally stay away from strong wheel cleaners if you have your wheels coated. The coating should protect your wheels from most things that a dedicated wheel cleaner is supposed to clean off anyway. I'd just wash them with a dedicated car shampoo unless they really need something stronger.

Hazcat
07-02-2014, 01:31 PM
Maintenance:

When washing always use a dedicated car shampoo and wash mitt. we recommend washing with IronX Soap Gel.
Remove bird droppings from the paintwork as quickly as possible to avoid damage to the coating. Cquartz will protect from those for the first day or two, but not long term.
Avoid using automatic car washes.
Use our Reload spray sealant to maintain the coat for longer lasting time.

devP
07-14-2014, 01:08 PM
Thanks a lot for very valuable advices.

devP
07-14-2014, 01:15 PM
Since I already bought Auto finesse citrus power, I opened the box today to use it for first-time. But I found some white contamination inside the bottle. Some white flakes kind of residue inside the bottle..FYI I bought it from reputed shop online. I gave aggressive shake to the bottle to see if it get cleared. No difference.

I am attaching the pics to give you some idea about the my concern.

Is this normal?

devP
07-14-2014, 01:27 PM
@Hazcut, thanks a lot for your advice. please let me know how will ironx soap gel is useful. is that using ironx soap gel on cquartz paint surface safe?