PDA

View Full Version : QD halo's on my paint.. how to get rid of them

SPiN
07-30-2007, 12:49 PM
So after I do a rinseless wash/ QD, iv been getting like those buffing halograms on my paint, I think it may be do to me doing it in the sunlight but i have no choice since i have no garage and i live in south florida.

Is there a certain way to buff out the Rinseless wash/QD without getting the halo looking marks?

I always wipe down the whole car with the DP 4 in 1 mixed 1oz and the rest water with my microfiber towel, then when im done i'll get another clean dry MF and buff the whole car clean.

purplenurple
07-31-2007, 02:06 PM
It sounds like your technique is wrong if you are marring the paint like that. Make sure you are using the 2 bucket method and using a proper washing tool, like a microfiber mitt, cotton chenille (sp?) or a schmitt. You are getting those halograms because you are rubbing the dirt on the paint.

SPiN
08-01-2007, 12:44 AM
I think your right purple, sometimes when I quick detail my car its often a little too dirty to be quick detailed but because of water restrictions im forced to use the rinseless wash and its not as great as real wash.

purplenurple
08-01-2007, 11:40 AM
Maybe you could try quickly rinsing the car then pull the car up in the garage or in the shade and do a rinseless wash.

Jimmie
08-01-2007, 12:10 PM
Try doing one panel at a time (wipe on wipe off) since you are forced to do it in the sun.