PDA

View Full Version : Car color

Pages : [1] 2

syoung3765
06-30-2014, 09:09 PM
So I am planning on getting a new Mustang soon, but I am not sure what color to buy. I really like the black mustang, but I am nervous about that color due to the needed care it will need. I am leaning towards the sterling gray, since I like the color and I hear it will look cleaner longer and help hide any imperfections better then a black car. I have well water at home so I can not wash my car at home and need to go to a car wash when I do wash the car, and at most only want to clay the car and apply a sealant every year or so. So I need a good color car and looking to see what others think might be the best color to get.

WAXOFF
06-30-2014, 09:23 PM
I like the bright blue. I saw one the other day. I don't know the name of the color but it just jumped out at you.

Coopers ST
06-30-2014, 09:29 PM
Does it come in Performance Blue? That is a pretty color.

Riff
06-30-2014, 09:36 PM
Silvers and grays are my favorites because they look awesome and they hide swirls!

custmsprty
06-30-2014, 09:39 PM
Go with the grey, I work with a guy who has 5.0 in grey and he doesn't detail it and it still looks okay, it's a daily driver. Black will own you. My GC is NOT my daily driver and it gets hazed/dusted up just sitting in the garage.

davey g-force
06-30-2014, 09:39 PM
Silver and white cars nearly always look good, regardless of how dirty or swirled up they really are.

Having said that, you can't beat the look of a freshly detailed black car!

MarkD51
06-30-2014, 09:53 PM
IMO some the most iconic sports, and classic cars ever made have commonly been white. Everything stands out more.

The Most Perfect Dazzling Creature Ever - American Graffiti (1/10) Movie CLIP (1973) HD - YouTube

MarkD51
06-30-2014, 10:02 PM
Or, you could choose a cross between piss yellow, and puke green like John Milner?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2OoxzYqgNY]American Graffiti (7/10) Movie CLIP - Must Be Your Mama's Car (1973) HD - YouTube[/video]

FUNX650
06-30-2014, 10:13 PM
I am leaning towards the sterling gray, since I like the color and I hear it will look cleaner longer...

For "hiding" paint-imperfections, and looking cleaner longer:
-Sterling Gray's OK...
-But how about that Ingot Silver...:props:

2014 Ford Mustang | View 360 Demos & Choose Colors | Ford.com (http://m.ford.com/smartphone/360.html?cid=car&mid=Mustang&year=2014#appsimHome)

Bob

06-30-2014, 11:50 PM
So I am planning on getting a new Mustang soon, but I am not sure what color to buy. I really like the black mustang, but I am nervous about that color due to the needed care it will need. I am leaning towards the sterling gray, since I like the color and I hear it will look cleaner longer and help hide any imperfections better then a black car. I have well water at home so I can not wash my car at home and need to go to a car wash when I do wash the car, and at most only want to clay the car and apply a sealant every year or so. So I need a good color car and looking to see what others think might be the best color to get.

Maintaining a black mustang is a second job! Is this going to be your daily driver? Based on your information, I'd suggest Sterling Gray or Silver...

mwoolfso
07-01-2014, 12:02 AM
Kona Blue if they still have it. Ask Son1C!!!

StangFan25
07-01-2014, 12:49 AM
Kona Blue if they still have it. Ask Son1C!!!

I'm partial to my Kona Blue Metallic too :D

Lost Highway
07-01-2014, 06:30 AM
Ingot Silver is probably your best bet for low maintenance followed by Sterling Gray. Personally, I really like Deep Impact Blue but it will involve more upkeep to keep it looking good than the silver or gray. Avoid black like the plague, as others have noted it is a second job.

Setec Astronomy
07-01-2014, 06:51 AM
I have well water at home so I can not wash my car at home and need to go to a car wash when I do wash the car, and at most only want to clay the car and apply a sealant every year or so.

If you only intend on applying a sealant "at most...every year or so" then you definitely want a coating, not a sealant.

As far as washing, you may want to expand your horizons a bit on that:

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/hot-topics-frequently-asked-questions/23645-difference-between-normal-car-wash-waterless-car-wash-rinseless-car-wash-spray-detailer.html

Show Car Garage Video: How To Use A Rinseless Car Wash (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/how-videos/24335-show-car-garage-video-how-use-rinseless-car-wash.html)

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/hot-topics-frequently-asked-questions/23602-how-dirty-too-dirty-safely-use-rinseless-wash.html

Just as an aside, and forgive me if this is a wrong impression--a lot of people get very interested in car care when they buy a new car because it's their (expensive) new baby, and then they lose interest just as quickly. Most of us here are pretty hard-core and would spend 2 hours washing our car if it was a new Mustang OR if it was an 18 year old Camry. If you're not really a "car washing guy" then don't spend a lot of time and money researching and buying stuff here if in 3 months it's going to be collecting dust. My apologies if I have read too much into "at most...every year or so"...if the majority of members here only "waxed" once a year...Autogeek would be a much smaller company, LOL!

07gtcs
07-01-2014, 03:42 PM
I'm impartial to Vista Blue, but they don't make that anymore. The deep impact blue is ok. But Grey or Indigot Silver can look very sharp on a Stang and not take alot of time to keep up. Blackfire Crystal Seal and Poly Spray will be your best friends.