PDA

View Full Version : My first new car!

Pages : [1] 2

Shane731
06-29-2014, 10:18 PM
So excited! I'm getting my first new car! Going to trade in the Taurus on a 2014 Honda Civic LX sedan in Modern Steel (a dark gray color). I got a good deal on it through the Honda employee discount program. I had them order it from the factory so that I would not get one that had gone through our detail department. It should come within the next 1 - 2 weeks. It will come from Canada by train to Nashville, and from there it will be put on a car transport truck to my Honda dealer. Then I shall take her home and get her looking right! Already got all weather mats and a trunk tray to protect the new carpet. Will post pics when I get it!

Sizzle Chest
06-29-2014, 10:19 PM
Congrats! That is awesome! Pics upon arrival...and after detailing it!

Quickstrike32
06-29-2014, 10:23 PM
Congrats, it's a nice feeling. I bought a new 2013 Camry SE that sat for over a year and it really needs some love. Dealer installed paint issues and hail damage about 2 weeks after I bought it. Civics are great...take care of it and it will last forever.

Setec Astronomy
06-29-2014, 10:25 PM
That is excellent! New garage, new car, and how cool that you were able to order it plus avoid the arguments most of us have with the dealer--"what do you mean you don't want it detailed??".

VISITOR
06-29-2014, 10:29 PM
congratulations shane, can't go wrong with the vic. good looks and great gas mileage. i've always had a soft spot for vics and i'm sure you'll enjoy it. please post pics when she arrives! btw, replace the stock air filter with a k&n. one of the best moves you can do for your car...

p.s. new screen name, " civic731 " ? ;)

DetailKitty
06-30-2014, 05:37 AM
Congrats!

Nothing like your first NEW car :xyxthumbs:

Post pics when you can.

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
06-30-2014, 06:01 AM
Congrats Shane! Can't wait to see a Show N Shine on it!

Shane731
06-30-2014, 07:31 PM
I think it comes with Firestone Affinity tires. I was reading some reviews and it seems that they do not do well in rain, ice, or snow. Was thinking of requesting a swap for some all season Michelin tires. Thoughts? Recommendations?

refreshauto
06-30-2014, 08:39 PM
I think it comes with Firestone Affinity tires. I was reading some reviews and it seems that they do not do well in rain, ice, or snow. Was thinking of requesting a swap for some all season Michelin tires. Thoughts? Recommendations?

if they still come like ours, it should come with the fuel saver tires, and they are not good in any kind of inclement weather. i would swap them out for the cooper fuel savers, much better tire all around. im not a big fan of Michelin tires, they have been hit or miss

AZ Mike
06-30-2014, 09:12 PM
Congratulations on the new car. Can't wait to see the pictures. Honda's are great vehicles.

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
06-30-2014, 11:15 PM

My preference in tires is either Michelin or Continental.

I would also make a request to change out the Firestones.

Prophizee
06-30-2014, 11:51 PM
Congrats man nothing like buying a brand new car for the first time...Enjoy it in health and happiness, great color choice btw. Can't wait to see pics in the show and shine

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AG Online

Nick McKees37
07-01-2014, 09:00 AM
Great choice Shane! From one Civic owner to another, you're going to love that car! It is very comfortable to drive, and all the switches and knobs are within arm's reach.

Here's my 2013 Si - I just got it last November and I couldn't be happier with it. It was also my first new car purchase.

http://autogeekonline.net/nick/1Z%20Engine%20Detail/IMG_1852.jpg

My wife's Accord is the same color as your new Civic. It cleans up very nicely and hides dirt surprisingly well. :dblthumb2:

http://autogeekonline.net/nick/Bouncer's%20Wax/IMG_1567.jpg

I hope you enjoy your new Civic for many years to come! :buffing:

David at LC Pads
07-01-2014, 09:04 AM
Congrats! Very nice!

Shane731
07-08-2014, 04:52 PM
Went and checked with the dealer on the status of my Civic, and it was built yesterday! It is currently on the transport truck and should be at the dealer by the end of the week! So excited! Woot woot! Im the MAN:awesome: