PDA

View Full Version : Another Black Label Synergy Wax comments and review

Pages : [1] 2

Kamakaz1961
06-29-2014, 03:10 PM
I love trying different waxes and now I have about 15 Jars of waxes ranging from Collinite to Zymol. I know many on this site think wax is “just wax” and any “cheap” wax will do. I am in the completely disagree category from 1st hand experience. YOU CAN tell the difference in quality, gloss, depth, beading and sheeting. Smack (Mike) and 281 (James) had great reviews on Synergy, so I wanted to try to see if they were correct.

I washed and stripped my car of the old wax with a Nanoskin Blue Sponge. I cleaned the car with a pre-wax; Menzerna’s Top Inspection. I used Menzerna’s Power Lock Sealant with the PC 7424 XP 5” Red Lake Country CCS Pad as my 1st coat and the topped it off with Synergy. I used my PC 7424XP with a 2 7/8 backplate and a crimson (thanks James..LOL) 3” Lake Country Hydro tech pad. The 3” Pad fits perfectly in the jar of Synergy. I applied Power Lock and Synergy with the PC7424 XP on speed setting 3 and used a LC Gold applicator by hand for the hard-to-reach places.

About Synergy Wax: It is a very hard wax (the hardest I have tried so far) and looks like caramel. Smells OK and I can’t figure out what it smells like but not bad. Thin is in! AGO was right a little goes a long way. I barely dented the wax. I can see why AGO says the jar will last at least 25 to 30 applications.

I put on 1 coat (will put on a 2nd coat soon) of Synergy and I have to tell you I am extremely impressed! Of the 15 or so waxes I like only 2 or 3. I will be testing the durability of Synergy before I can rank it my #1 wax. Right now based on my opinion it is in the top 3. If the beading and sheeting is what I think it will be, my guess it WILL BE my Favorite wax….PERIOD. The Depth and Gloss is 2nd to none.

Many on this site think Synergy may be too expensive. I say based on my recent experience with this wax; it is reasonable. If AGO has a sale, then this should be one of your TOP priorities to purchase if you like waxing cars.

I have attached photos of what I used and pictures of my ride during and after…I hope you guys like the pics! Have an awesome day.

CJ

JHL88
06-29-2014, 03:27 PM
Looks really good. Could you tell if it attracts any dust?

06-29-2014, 03:54 PM
I love trying different waxes and now I have about 15 Jars of waxes ranging from Collinite to Zymol. I know many on this site think wax is “just wax” and any “cheap” wax will do. I am in the completely disagree category from 1st hand experience. YOU CAN tell the difference in quality, gloss, depth, beading and sheeting. Smack (Mike) and 281 (James) had great reviews on Synergy, so I wanted to try to see if they were correct.

I washed and stripped my car of the old wax with a Nanoskin Blue Sponge. I cleaned the car with a pre-wax; Menzerna’s Top Inspection. I used Menzerna’s Power Lock Sealant with the PC 7424 XP 5” Red Lake Country CCS Pad as my 1st coat and the topped it off with Synergy. I used my PC 7424XP with a 2 7/8 backplate and a crimson (thanks James..LOL) 3” Lake Country Hydro tech pad. The 3” Pad fits perfectly in the jar of Synergy. I applied Power Lock and Synergy with the PC7424 XP on speed setting 3 and used a LC Gold applicator by hand for the hard-to-reach places.

About Synergy Wax: It is a very hard wax (the hardest I have tried so far) and looks like caramel. Smells OK and I can’t figure out what it smells like but not bad. Thin is in! AGO was right a little goes a long way. I barely dented the wax. I can see why AGO says the jar will last at least 25 to 30 applications.

I put on 1 coat (will put on a 2nd coat soon) of Synergy and I have to tell you I am extremely impressed! Of the 15 or so waxes I like only 2 or 3. I will be testing the durability of Synergy before I can rank it my #1 wax. Right now based on my opinion it is in the top 3. If the beading and sheeting is what I think it will be, my guess it WILL BE my Favorite wax….PERIOD. The Depth and Gloss is 2nd to none.

Many on this site think Synergy may be too expensive. I say based on my recent experience with this wax; it is reasonable. If AGO has a sale, then this should be one of your TOP priorities to purchase if you like waxing cars.

I have attached photos of what I used and pictures of my ride during and after…I hope you guys like the pics! Have an awesome day.

CJ

Wow CJ, your paint looks like liquid glass! I'm glad you like Synergy, wait until tomorrow after it sits for 24hours :dblthumb2:

Black car with any wax will attract dust, just not as bad with Synergy...

Corey@OptimalDetailing
06-29-2014, 04:23 PM
Car looks great!

silverfox
06-29-2014, 04:36 PM
Its good seeing new hybrid products delivering such results. I'd suggest a much smaller pot for public sale for guys just doing their own cars. Nobody needs multi years worth of applications that will likely never happen...as soon as the next must have product hits the market, this too will be shelved in favor of something else.

Docpeanut
06-29-2014, 04:42 PM
Here's synergy on top of cquartz uk

Docpeanut
06-29-2014, 04:43 PM
One more

mojo122
06-29-2014, 04:58 PM
Synergy on top of PBL Paint Sealant.

aim4squirrels
06-29-2014, 05:35 PM
I wonder is one could call synergy the paste form of the PBL coating booster? Kind of like Meg's ultimate paste and liquid wax...

The booster and Synergy both claim roughly 6 months of protection as a stand alone product (yes, on the bottle of booster it claims it can be used as a stand alone product), but I'd be curious if someone has used them side by side and could offer a "looks" comparison. Just curious if Synergy adds a little something different.

I just applied the booster to my previously coating vehicle on Thursday, and I must admit, it did reinvigorate the looks of the vehicle again. It has a more uniform wet gloss look to it again.

StangFan25
06-29-2014, 05:42 PM
Sub'd!

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
06-30-2014, 12:13 AM
Wow! That black Mustang looks great CJ!

I too really like Synergy. One of my top favorite LSP's for sure.

Kamakaz1961
06-30-2014, 08:32 AM
Wow! That black Mustang looks great CJ!

I too really like Synergy. One of my top favorite LSP's for sure.

Thank you for the compliment! I will be putting on a 2nd coat in about 2 days. Have an awesome day!!

Angus
06-30-2014, 10:21 AM
Man, that looks so good! Thanks for sharing

LaFawnduh
06-30-2014, 11:06 AM
I swear - the reflection shots in this thread are just unfair amazing. Beautiful work and I curse you all for the money I must now spend to get some of my own!

Kamakaz1961
06-30-2014, 11:45 AM

My car collects the "typical" dust for a black car. As for more dust with Synergy I really haven't seen a big difference about the same as all others. I left the car out in the sun all day yesterday. It was sunny and about 80 degrees here in So Cal and I was waiting for ghosting or hazing (cloudiness on the car) because of the high wax content.

No hazing or ghosting at all. So far, this wax has met all my expectations. I will be putting on a 2nd coat here in a couple of days. When I will be washing the car for prep...I will test the beading and sheeting.

So far so good!! :xyxthumbs: