PDA

View Full Version : Dirty Nasty Boat Pictures I hope

Pages : [1] 2 3

Tonya
07-29-2007, 09:45 PM

Well.... if I got this right you should see picture to my previous post. If not I give up on posting picture.:D
OK since I got the pictures to work here is what I said in my previous thread.

Well my husband finally got me to start on his dirty, nasty boat. :eek: It took me about three hours just to get the first layer of dirt off the seats and clean the carpet. The shop vac finally bit the dust, so I had to use my household carpet cleaning machine. :mad: My husband has left it uncovered for many weeks, full well knowing I would get tired of looking at it and clean the darn thing.
Anyway.... the dashboard area is in bad shape! I think there is mildew on it and it looks really dried out and faded! It feels like it is just hard plastic. What do you recommend to protect it if I ever get it clean. The boat is a reg. fishing boat, Lund. I took some before pic, however last time I tried to post picture I got mad and gave up. Any thoughts on what to use on the dash?
Feed back please

D
07-29-2007, 10:04 PM
Looks like you need some Meg's APC 10:1, Woolite 10:1, or Amazing Roll Off

hispeed
07-29-2007, 10:19 PM
" Well my husband finally got me to start on his dirty, nasty boat. http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/../images/smilies/eek.gif"

As you said, it's his boat. Tell him to clean it, cover it, and maintain it, or sell it.
If he won't take care of his toy, he shouldn't have bought it.
As you may have surmised, I hate to see people buy a boat and then let it deteriorate.
Try one of the mildewcides available at your local boat supply store & 303 on the vinyl.
Then GET A COVER ON IT! All the 303 in the world isn't going to help for long if it sits out in the elements 24/7. Best to have a cover that allows outside air to ventilate underneath.

ltoman
07-29-2007, 10:34 PM
Yikes. He really let that get dirty! How wonderful of you to clean it! I would not want to!
I agree with them - the Meg's APC is great. Never tried Amazing Roll off, but I hear tell it's awesome.
Let us know, Tonya!!!
~Lauren~

SPiN
07-29-2007, 11:33 PM
lol wow the day i tell my gf to go clean one of my toys is the day she dumps me. I can just picture that "go clean my car, and when your done change my oil"

Nica
07-30-2007, 12:16 AM
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/attachments/detailing-forum/1645d1185763340-dirty-nasty-boat-pictures-i-hope-boat004.jpg

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/attachments/detailing-forum/1646d1185763299-dirty-nasty-boat-pictures-i-hope-boat003.jpg

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/attachments/detailing-forum/1647d1185763386-dirty-nasty-boat-pictures-i-hope-boat001.jpg

I hope you don't mind me putting them up a bit bigger....and that is very nice of you do your husband's boat....all I got to say is that that's goign to be a wicked turn around :righton: look forward to the finishing results.

ltoman
07-30-2007, 12:30 AM
tanya rocks!

sparkie
07-30-2007, 04:35 AM
Post some more pics when your done...

klumzypinoy
07-30-2007, 05:16 AM
That is DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEsgusting wowwwwwww :eek:

Yes, you got to tell him to cover it now so that no more harm will be done, and also after you're done with that nasty boat.

RTexasF
07-30-2007, 06:48 AM
Another recommendation for Amazing Roll Off. It will clean what others can't touch. This is first hand information not guesswork.

hispeed
07-30-2007, 07:40 AM
Another recommendation for Amazing Roll Off. It will clean what others can't touch. This is first hand information not guesswork.

I agree, Amazing Roll Off works great. (My favorite use for it is to take the diesel soot off the transom of my sailboat). Then spray that Mildewcide and Mildew preventer on everything and cover it.

Tonya
07-30-2007, 07:09 PM
Amazing roll off is on the way! :D I will not have time to work on it again until the weekend. I will post some pics when it finally gets done! I am in no big hurry. Oh yeah, the sad thing is he has a cover he just never left it off for a few weeks. From what I have found inside I believe there were some squirrels making a happy home in there and some leave from a year or two ago. :eek: I don't think he has even taken the boat out in two years. I suggested he sell it, but he likes knowing he can go fishing whenever he wants. Whats a wife to do :rolleyes:

Tonya
07-30-2007, 07:11 PM
I agree, Amazing Roll Off works great. (My favorite use for it is to take the diesel soot off the transom of my sailboat). Then spray that Mildewcide and Mildew preventer on everything and cover it.
I found some marine mildew spray in the garage, but it must be a few years old. Does this stuff expire?

ltoman
07-30-2007, 09:50 PM
Tonya, I love your quote at the bottom of your sig!:)

Tonya
07-30-2007, 09:53 PM
Tonya, I love your quote at the bottom of your sig!:)
Thanks, I thought it was perfect for this new adventure.