PDA

View Full Version : Sanding & buffing off the car

BLOCKAIDRUNNER
06-28-2014, 01:11 PM
Sorry if this has already been covered, I couldn’t fine anything on it, if it has.
I just painted a plastic bumper & RF fender and the tech sheet said wait 6-10 before sanding & buffing. The bumper is off the car and flops around like a wet noodlemaking it hard to buff & it has all kinds of irregular shapes. How do I get this wet noodle to sit still while I buff it or do you put the bumper back on the car and just deal with the mess of buffing compound? And how do you buff in tight area. I have some orange peel on it and want to get as much out as I can. I got some O.P. on the fender and buffed it out just fine, but only to find pin holes from the gases or do to high humidity I guess. Do you have to sand them out before recoating clear?:buffing:Feed back please

joaquinnparker
08-15-2014, 12:55 PM
Just a quick advice if your going to do some buffing out of the cars finish the first thing is make sure it is clean and dry.The next step is when you use compound make sure you have the machine buffing compound and a clean buffing pad and something to clean the pad with every so often.