PDA

View Full Version : After Optimum hyper compound.....

808_detail_nut
06-27-2014, 07:59 PM
Could I go klasse AIO after using OHC or should I go menz106ff or PB pro polish before sealing it?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AG Online

allenk4
06-27-2014, 08:52 PM
If you are happy with the quality of the finish after ANY step in the paint refinement process...stop and apply your LSP.

808_detail_nut
06-27-2014, 08:54 PM
Thinking OHC then AIO then sealant glaze.

allenk4
06-27-2014, 09:01 PM
Thinking OHC then AIO then sealant glaze.

What do you want the "Sealant Glaze" to do that the AIO won't accomplish?

I have used Klasse AIO:

-It looks great.

-Lasts several months.

-Easy to apply and wipe off.

custmsprty
06-27-2014, 11:05 PM
Go with klasse aio / sg combo

The Critic
06-28-2014, 03:00 AM
You will need to follow-up Hyper Compound with 106fa/SF4000 before applying Klasse AIO

Klasse AIO does not have any cut, and will not be able to remove all of the haze and micromarring from the compounding step.

808_detail_nut
06-28-2014, 03:37 AM
Thought so. I just got my order of hyper compound and AIO and will use it on a upcoming job. Been using 105 for heavy correction and it's been great but I hate the dust. Usually go ssr1 after or PB polish with Sealant but ran out of PwS. The reason for the klasse combo would be because it's for a customer that wants it the best for a photo shoot. I'm planning Hyper-polish, menz, AIO, then S/G, with a aquawax wipe down. A little overkill but the customer wants it to look the best so I'm going overboard because they are willing to paying for it.

808_detail_nut
06-28-2014, 03:48 AM
Thanks guys. Will post pictures when I'm done. This one will put whatever skill I have to the test because it is In pretty bad shape. But, not so bad that I feel I can't correct it. Wish me luck.

nubaseal
06-28-2014, 06:07 AM
I'd go hyper polish, then Opti Seal and final wipe down with optimum car wax. Or DG105 and Aquawax.

Lowejackson
06-28-2014, 03:37 PM
I'm planning Hyper-polish, menz, AIO, then S/G, with a aquawax wipe down. A little overkill but the customer wants it to look the best so I'm going overboard because they are willing to paying for it.

Assuming the paint is not very soft you may find the Hyper Polish would work very well without the need for a Menz finishing polish. I would do a quick test to see if the difference is noticeable

808_detail_nut
06-28-2014, 05:29 PM
I don't have hyperpolish.

frankprozzoly
06-29-2014, 05:40 AM
Thought so. I just got my order of hyper compound and AIO and will use it on a upcoming job. Been using 105 for heavy correction and it's been great but I hate the dust. Usually go ssr1 after or PB polish with Sealant but ran out of PwS. The reason for the klasse combo would be because it's for a customer that wants it the best for a photo shoot. I'm planning Hyper-polish, menz, AIO, then S/G, with a aquawax wipe down. A little overkill but the customer wants it to look the best so I'm going overboard because they are willing to paying for it.

I started with 105 and 205. I hate dust too from these. So I tried optimum compound and polish II. It's a lot better

808_detail_nut
06-29-2014, 03:00 PM
Well I got to get some hyper polish then.

hernandez.art13
06-29-2014, 03:49 PM
I actually tried a combo somewhat like this at this past TNOG. Here is How I conducted the test.

You do a test spot and make sure not change any variables that will change the results your after.

What I did was wet sand with 3000 grit for my test spot on the test panel. I then buffed it our with My Rupes 21, FG 400 and LC Hybrid wool pad. It worked great in buffing out the sanding but left hazing from the pad.

But then I did an IPA wipe down to check for results. I then proceeded to polish with D151 and polishing pad. After I polished the paint, it looked great and hazing was gone! So it looked that way.

But then I did a second IPA wipe down after D151 and the results didn't look as good as prior the the IPA wipe down.

So that showed me that, that combo didn't work out.

So you could try something similar.

Also I only wet sanded because it was a test panel and needed something to work on. So not recommending you wet sand your car. Also remember all paint systems are different. So what might work on car's A and B might not work on car's C and D.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/30/ape7aqep.jpg

Lowejackson
06-30-2014, 03:43 AM
I don't have hyperpolish.

Sorry, I had misread your response. It is a very nice product though and a genuine alternative to the (rather good) Megs 205.