PDA

View Full Version : 3M Trizact 6000

TundraPower
06-27-2014, 12:42 PM
Mike,

I'm seeing advertisements and videos on the new Trizact 6000 paper. Have you used it? Opinions?

Mike Phillips
06-27-2014, 12:47 PM
Haven't heard of it till you posted this thread...

#5000 starts to restore shine and reflections I can only imagine what #6000 would do.

Be a very safe approach for those working on factory paint. If it's available, I can probably get it as fast or faster than anyone...

I'll see what I can find out....

:)

TundraPower
06-27-2014, 12:57 PM
Haven't heard of it till you posted this thread...

#5000 starts to restore shine and reflections I can only imagine what #6000 would do.

Be a very safe approach for those working on factory paint. If it's available, I can probably get it as fast or faster than anyone...

I'll see what I can find out....

:)

Google "3m trizact 6000" there are some discussions and videos. I use 5000 all the time. A friend of mine also referred me to a company called "Micro-Mesh" that makes papers to 12,000 grit. Are these for paints or just woods?

Let me know.

BillyJack
06-27-2014, 01:24 PM
I've used some cushioned abrasive cloths like micromesh when working with pool cues. Using 4000 and 8000 on a maple cue shaft, I can bring up a bit of a shine on the wood.
They don't like heat, so power sanding is pretty much out of the question unless you keep everything really wet. Also, when you get to abrasives that fine on harder surfaces like baked and cured automotive paint, progress is really, really slow. Even when working on the old lacquer of my Camino, I've tired out before the job was complete.

Bill