PDA

View Full Version : product application procedure

tunakiller
06-27-2014, 09:29 AM
Hello all. I'm no "Mike Phillips" but I'm not a complete noob.
consequently, I have some questions. I may have bitten off more than I needed.
so, I'm off for the next few days, garage is all mine and I'm going to do a total paint correction process, swirl removal etc.

so, I am wondering, with your "sage advise" what products to use, if at all, and in what order.

I"ll skip the details on my paint correction process. I have that down.
so after I have washed, clayed and completed my paint correction process, what are your recommendations, given the products' I'll list now.

products include:

Dodo prime pre wax cleaner
chemical guys ez glaze
wolfgang concours glaze (3.0)
dp poli coat sealant
klasse sealant (KSG)
meg's 21
mothers California carnauba cleaner wax
mothers California synthetic wax

historically (and this time) I use the Meg's twins (105/205) for paint correction and various LC pads in the appropriate densities.
I generally get a lot of "dust" from the twins, so I wash and dry afterwards.

I have been putting on the cg ez crème glaze, followed by KSG, and after a 12 hour cure time for the KSG, applying the mothers carnauba by hand.
I find I'm not really impressed with the results.

what are your opinions? suggestions? use this/vice that?
looking forward to your feedback.

thanks!
rob
Feed back please

cleanmycorolla
06-27-2014, 09:49 AM
If you're getting dusting from you polishes and compunds, you're most likely using too much product.

As for using what you have, IMO, Wolfgang is the standout among them and use that.

refreshauto
06-27-2014, 09:49 AM
i have not used any of the products you have on your list. i tend to use the entire Wolfgang line up from he Uber Compound down the the Deep Gloss Paint Sealant. i also use the Auto Finesse Spirit to top the Deep Gloss Paint Sealant and the results are real nice IMO

http://i1214.photobucket.com/albums/cc500/refreshauto/DSC_0697_zpsfddb51d0.jpg (http://s1214.photobucket.com/user/refreshauto/media/DSC_0697_zpsfddb51d0.jpg.html)

the car still looks this clean even after 2 months of not washing or cleaning the outside

tunakiller
06-27-2014, 09:57 AM
If you're getting dusting from you polishes and compunds, you're most likely using too much product.

As for using what you have, IMO, Wolfgang is the standout among them and use that.

hey thanks. too much product? I always prime my pad, and use 3 dime size drops, but I don't know everything so i'll try a little less.

as far as my question, you are saying that you only use wolfgang, or that with the products that I have listed, you'd apply wolfgang glaze and stop there?

cleanmycorolla
06-27-2014, 10:07 AM
hey thanks. too much product? I always prime my pad, and use 3 dime size drops, but I don't know everything so i'll try a little less.

as far as my question, you are saying that you only use wolfgang, or that with the products that I have listed, you'd apply wolfgang glaze and stop there?

that "glaze" isn't a glaze it's a fine polish. It offers no protection. I thought you meant the sealant and if that were the case, indeed use the sealant. But that "glaze" is a fine polish, so you ideally want to put something over that, and based off your list you can use any wax or sealant you have

tunakiller
06-27-2014, 10:15 AM
thanks! some things seem to be "misleading" to me. why call it a glaze, if it's a polish? but.... that's why the forums are here. so would you run the wolfgang after the 205 or no? and again, thanks cleanmycorolla :)

molarman
06-27-2014, 10:16 AM
personally like the wolfgand 3.0 series from swirl remover to finishing polish to sealant. am considering switching to blackfire sealant because it doesn't have to dry then wipe off

cleanmycorolla
06-27-2014, 10:20 AM
personally like the wolfgand 3.0 series from swirl remover to finishing polish to sealant. am considering switching to blackfire sealant because it doesn't have to dry then wipe off

yes it does, it has to dry to a haze, then removed. It's no wowo

cleanmycorolla
06-27-2014, 10:22 AM
thanks! some things seem to be "misleading" to me. why call it a glaze, if it's a polish? but.... that's why the forums are here. so would you run the wolfgang after the 205 or no? and again, thanks cleanmycorolla :)

205 and the finishing glaze are essentially the same cut, so just choose one with the proper pad and it will give you some minor cutting.:xyxthumbs:

And yeah "glaze" messes it up for some folks, but the product description clears that up. :xyxthumbs:

tunakiller
06-27-2014, 11:11 AM
thank you very much to those that have given me feedback. it's not fallen on deaf ears. perhaps I didn't pose my question clearly.
given the products I have listed, which ones and in what order would you use them? thanks again
rob
:)