PDA

View Full Version : Foam cannon with Karcher K4

Sherif
06-27-2014, 08:33 AM
So today I tested my new MTM foam cannon (not from AG) it came ready with brass adapter for Karcher quick connect and I used it with K4 model (1900PSI / 1.85GPM) with CG honeydew and got some nice thick foam but it kept cutting off every couple of seconds and no contentious steady stream!!
After a quick search it looks like the problem is on the PW (back pressure cut off) but I don't know how to fix it because I cannot control anything on the PW, only On/Off switch is there!
has anyone had the same issue? any idea how to fix it?
Feed back please

swanicyouth
06-27-2014, 08:59 AM
Does the brass adapter have any "guts" or is it just a hollow tube inside?

Sherif
06-27-2014, 09:34 AM
Does the brass adapter have any "guts" or is it just a hollow tube inside?

Adapter looks hollow

swanicyouth
06-27-2014, 10:41 AM
Oh man, that's a hard one. I've never seen anyone use the brass adapter. While it may seem insignificant, the plastic adapter has a hollow tube through it. I'm not sure of the function of that tube, but it may have something to do with regulating back pressure. The easiest attempt to fix would be getting the AG style plastic adapter.

Since MANY have used (including me) Karcher K Series washers with MTM foam cannons using the plastic adapter without issue - my guess would be that is the problem.

Can anyone chime in who used the brass adapter?

The other possibilities that exist are that the K Series pressure washer has somehow been internally changed - and now it won't work with a foam cannon (assuming yours is brand new) or the foam cannon is somehow defective (has too much restriction).

The foam cannons are easy to disassemble and that's free - so maybe start there. I think the MTM comes with a parts list, if not there are many threads on how to do this.

Good luck.

Sherif
06-27-2014, 04:18 PM
Thank you Steve, I've seen the brass adapter sold somewhere maybe autopia or CarPro so I'll try asking the guys there and also will disassemble and play with it maybe with little adjustment it'll work well