PDA

View Full Version : Optimum Poli Seal finishes well?

nubaseal
06-27-2014, 01:49 AM
I don't have any experience with non-diminishing AIOs. I use Scholl Concepts S20 or Sonax Perfect Finish as a one step and they finish fantastic, probably because those are DAT polishes. I am considering Poli Seal as a base for Opti Seal but not sure if Poli Seal will add enough gloss to the paint as it is non-diminishing.

Any thoughts?

VISITOR
06-27-2014, 02:01 AM
poli-seal is extremely easy to use, doesn't have to be worked for a long time and flashes into the paint. while it doesn't offer a lot of correction, it cleans well and adds gloss. also, it doesn't last very long (as does any AIO) so topping it wouldn't be a bad idea...

FUNX650
06-27-2014, 06:26 AM
That's the beauty of SMAT (Meguiar's terminology)---i.e. non-diminishing abrasive polishes:
You get to decide when the "finish" is well-enough/meets-your-expectations (you mention you want "gloss").

And, as I believe I've mentioned before:
Opti-Seal will then, beside being an excellent LSP, be a most suitable enhancer-of-gloss.

Bob

nubaseal
06-27-2014, 10:54 AM
Excellent, sounds like I need to try this or GPS. can't tell the difference honestly.

Pats300zx
06-27-2014, 10:59 AM
Poli-Seal is super easy to use and wipes off effortlessly. It's doesn't correct much at all and I think GPS has more cut. A good topper for it is OCW.

I know folks who have used Poli-Seal and not buffed it off but then applied OCW and buffed. Makes it super quick.

golliger
06-27-2014, 11:19 AM
I know folks who have used Poli-Seal and not buffed it off but then applied OCW and buffed. Makes it super quick.

This is exactly what I do. The Poli Seal just seems to melt into the paint so there doesn't seem to be any residue to buff off before applying OCW.
I think I got the idea from the Optimum forum.

builthatch
06-27-2014, 11:40 AM
i love Poli-Seal. it's so underrated. no dust, no residue, etc. you only have to use a tiny amount to get the job done.

i mostly use it nowadays for coating upkeep. for instance, a Mini Cooper GP that is coated and has spots in the hood valleys from water sitting - Poli-Seal cleans it up perfectly.

it's also great on glass, coated with Opti-Glass or not. by hand or with a DA and finishing pad, it removes light water spotting with minimal effort. same with glossy trim.

the one thing to keep in mind is Dr G a while back said the sealant component is pretty robust, so it's not something you want prior to coating. thus, i'm not entirely sure how well it works as a base for another LSP. i don't know how you'd accurately test that because if you top it, and it's still exhibiting protection in a few months, is that the included sealant or the topper?

the claim is "months" of protection so i don't know.

bugeye
06-27-2014, 01:58 PM
i just finished using poli-seal on my 2007 Volvo S80. Daily driver, sits outside 24/7. Used a white CCS pad. So easy. Long working time on a cool car in the shade or garage. And easy to clean the pads with a little all purpose cleaner and water. My go to AIO. I will try on the glass.

nubaseal
06-27-2014, 11:47 PM
Awesome. Does it add any bling to the paint like a dedicated finishing polish? (Menzerna SF4500, M205, Scholl S40).

Also, I am thinking of going over with Opti Seal after Poli Seal. Is that a good durable combo?

Lowejackson
06-28-2014, 03:38 PM
I think Optimum have said GPS will offer more cut than poliseal although both will be very mild

bugeye
06-29-2014, 07:17 AM
I cannot comment on the Opti Seal, never used. I added Menzerna PowerLock. Will watch durability.