PDA

View Full Version : carpet stains

Pages : [1] 2

The Kid_Detailer
07-29-2007, 07:00 PM
What do you guys think is the best stain remover for carpets? is meguiars quik out carpet stain remover any good?

D
07-29-2007, 07:03 PM
If Woolite 10:1 doesnt work for the carpet mats, and DP total interior cleaner doesnt work for the interior carpet, then Folex is the way to go.

DantheMan
07-29-2007, 07:26 PM
Folex is great!

j_anderson_23
07-29-2007, 07:47 PM
is 10-1 mean 10 parts water to one part woolite, and is it the fabric softner cleaner your talking about for clothes

Reddwarf
07-29-2007, 07:56 PM
is 10-1 mean 10 parts water to one part woolite, and is it the fabric softner cleaner your talking about for clothes

Yep, thats what he means. Folex is really good stuff as well.

DantheMan
07-29-2007, 08:44 PM
This was done with folex and my first time using the bissell little green machine..

http://www.mustangmods.com/ims/u/110/9364/184874.jpg

I'm sure the commercial stuff is alot better than the LGM, but for the weekend warrior I think its a great thing.. I was honestly going to throw those floor mats away and try to find an OEM set ('93 Cobra, well over $100/pair if you can even find them). Probably could've done even better if I had a brush for my PC..

sparkie
07-30-2007, 04:29 AM
Folex

The Kid_Detailer
07-30-2007, 11:21 AM
This was done with folex and my first time using the bissell little green machine..

http://www.mustangmods.com/ims/u/110/9364/184874.jpg

I'm sure the commercial stuff is alot better than the LGM, but for the weekend warrior I think its a great thing.. I was honestly going to throw those floor mats away and try to find an OEM set ('93 Cobra, well over $100/pair if you can even find them). Probably could've done even better if I had a brush for my PC..

damn...thats amazing

GMmuscle86
07-30-2007, 01:37 PM
Just thought I add my expereince with stuborn stains. For some stains that seem impossible to get out or those marks on the doors from peoples shoes when getting out of their car, I use brake cleaner. I know sounds crazy right? But it works. You do have to be careful though because it could ruin the carpets. So do a very small test area to make sure it's not going to do any harm. Also, when I got the stain out I use a little soap and water to make sure nothing is left behind just for insurance. Defintatly probably something not to use on the whole carpet but just for those small spots or when the rest of the carpet is clean except those little spots.

Tex Star Detail
07-30-2007, 01:47 PM
You can pick up something at Wal-Mart, it is made by rubbermaid. It is in the hardware section, Carpet and Upholstery cleaner. I use it everyday.

Though, AL-53 Suggested that I use a carpet/upholstery product from ZEP, found at Lowes. Said it is cheaper and works just as good, if not better. SO when my gallon runs out, I will be trying that.

Folex is good stuff, but expensive IMHO. I still carry it with me though...lol

ScottB
07-30-2007, 04:41 PM
I find Wolfgangs Spot Remover to work rather well on interiors for spot cleaning. Folex is quite amazing for OTC also.

P1et
07-30-2007, 04:58 PM
I use Water/Woolite as it works perfect. Also use it on my leather. But for stubborn stains, I grab the Folex.

Strokin04
07-30-2007, 05:02 PM
I use Water/Woolite as it works perfect. Also use it on my leather. But for stubborn stains, I grab the Folex.

+1 this is the cheapest and easiest way that works really well for me on the interiors I do.

r_wain
07-30-2007, 06:45 PM
I use Meg's APC PLUS (10/1 same dilution I use for everything) and a small brush. I was going to try Woolite but the APC works really well and it is one less bottle for me to carry. I should point out I have a extractor so I can get the soap out.

With the Woolite mix do you extract it or leave it in?

D
07-30-2007, 07:15 PM

Can you explain your process for using this on carpet?

I use Meg's APC PLUS (10/1 same dilution I use for everything) and a small brush. I was going to try Woolite but the APC works really well and it is one less bottle for me to carry. I should point out I have a extractor so I can get the soap out.

With the Woolite mix do you extract it or leave it in?

Do you use the 10:1 APC on leather too?