PDA

View Full Version : Eagle 20/20 Glass Cleaner vs. Others

Pages : [1] 2

kevin_1981
06-26-2014, 03:23 PM
I've been using Eagle 20/20 glass cleaner on my exterior glass since about 2001 I believe. Does anyone have experience with Eagle 20/20 and other products. Is it worth switching to a higher end product? Im mostly concerned about water beading and coming off my windshield - Ive been happy with the combo of Eagle 20/20 and my rain-x washer fluid, but always looking to fix what doesnt need fixing :)

On the interior windows, I usually just use Stoner, or sometimes Hopes Perfect Glass.

Any thoughts/recommendations are appreciated. This is for a daily driver.

jamesboyy
06-26-2014, 07:46 PM
My recommendation would be to stick with your established method the reason why is cause you wont feel you achieved the desired results with another product

kevin_1981
06-26-2014, 10:13 PM
Thanks, James. Those are my thoughts, but im always open to new options.

mcochris
06-26-2014, 10:26 PM
I was happy with Stoners until I tried 1Z glass cleaner. The 1Z is a better cleaner. Comes concentrated, dilute with distilled water 1 to 1.

conquistador
06-26-2014, 11:01 PM
I have used eagle 20/20 in the past. And was not impressed. I have also used 1z and really liked it until I finally tried Meguairs D120. It dilutes 10:1. I will never buy another glass cleaner. I now have 11 gallon. That should last me a few decades

Belair
06-26-2014, 11:22 PM
^^ Agreed. Megs does a good job & the price is right. But if you like Eagle, stick with it & leave well enough alone.

VISITOR
06-27-2014, 01:13 AM
stoner IG works very well and being available OTC is a plus. the megs concentrate also works well but since i mainly use glass cleaner on the inside windows (just use a qd and/or spray wax when wiping down the paint) for the exterior, that would last me forever and i don't like to sit on product...

EVOlved
06-27-2014, 01:18 AM
stoner IG works very well and being available OTC is a plus. the megs concentrate also works well but since i mainly use glass cleaner on the inside windows (just use a qd and/or spray wax when wiping down the paint) for the exterior, that would last me forever and i don't like to sit on product...

Same goes here I have two AF Crytal 250ml bottles and I am not even half way through one of them and I got it in September :eek:

kevin_1981
06-27-2014, 12:12 PM
Thanks, everyone. I might pick up a bottle of 1Z to give it a try

BillE
06-28-2014, 07:33 AM
I really like Stoner's, especially on the inside of the front windshield.

When Meguiar's came out with their "Perfect Clarity Glass Cleaner," I gave that a try...worked as advertised. But, on that infamous inside of the windshield...well, Stoner's wins hands down.

Little side note, I have noticed that different glass cleaners seem to work better for some and worse for others. Same as they work better on some surfaces and not so on others. Go figure.

Bill

joebrez
06-28-2014, 07:39 AM
I've been feeding of a gallon of Blue Corals "HyperSheen" concentrate for almost 15 years now. The results are excellent, and 1/4 oz of product dilutes to a 32 oz spray bottle!

swanicyouth
06-28-2014, 07:51 AM
I think the best thing to use on the inside of the window is a Fast Glass towel with DI water. Unless someone is smoking cigars with the windows up - the inside of the window will be cleaned well with this combo.

Also, there are no chemicals to leave streaks, no chemicals to buy, and no chemicals to get on other parts of the interior - just DI water which won't cause an issue or leave marks.

The best thing I've found for outside windows with serious bugs or dirt on them is Pinnacle Glass Cleaner.

Rsurfer
06-28-2014, 07:59 AM
Little side note, I have noticed that different glass cleaners seem to work better for some and worse for others. Same as they work better on some surfaces and not so on others. Go figure.

Bill

Very similar to tires. Some dressings work well on some tires and not on others. I don't understand why so on glass, as the glass does not absorb the product like tires do. Like you said, "go figure".

Rsurfer
06-28-2014, 08:01 AM
[quote=swanicyouth;1124560]I think the best thing to use on the inside of the window is a Fast Glass towel with DI water. Unless someone is smoking cigars with the windows up - the inside of the window will be cleaned well with this combo.

Also, there are no chemicals to leave streaks, no chemicals to buy, and no chemicals to get on other parts of the interior - just DI water which won't cause an issue or leave marks.

:iagree:

newbdetailer
06-29-2014, 12:57 AM
Stick with 20/20. Its good stuff.