PDA

View Full Version : Waterspots on newly coated paint wont come off.

Pages : [1] 2

HD.Detailing
06-25-2014, 07:40 PM
I have a customer that washed his truck for the first time after it was coated and noticed little water spots that won't wash off... it sits outside. He used ONR any ideas how to remedy this?

firecorgi
06-25-2014, 08:12 PM
What brand and how long ago was it applied?

Evan.J
06-25-2014, 08:15 PM
try claying

artofdetailing
06-25-2014, 08:19 PM
CarPro Spotless was designed to remove waterspots from coatings

HD.Detailing
06-25-2014, 09:40 PM
22ple applied Monday.. customer waited just over 24hours before removing this incredibly large truck from the shop where I spent many hours with it.. got rained on and he did an ONR on it today instructions said after intial 8-12 hours of cure it is safe to get wet and washed???

I received a pm from zach after asking for advice, and I am going to go over to wash this beast saturday evening after sun goes down and hopefully remove them if not will then use spotless followed by reload! Wish me luck!

Here she is
http://i1243.photobucket.com/albums/gg549/350zchad/DSC_2533_zps6c02c379.jpg

HD.Detailing
06-25-2014, 09:43 PM
try claying

claying wont hurt the coating? I'm new to these coatings and I have many many many cars coming my way for these coatings.

Corey@OptimalDetailing
06-25-2014, 10:35 PM
Although I am not particularly familiar with 22ple, claying 99.9% of the time will NOT hurt coatings. I would still hit it with Spotless.

StangFan25
06-26-2014, 12:23 AM

I'll second this suggestion. Worked great for my stubborn water stains.

brondondolon
06-26-2014, 12:36 AM

This

I swear by the stuff. I had a customer with the worst hard water spots I've seen and spotless worked. However, his spots were REALLY bad. How I did it was I used spotless per directions then I used the nanoskin and repeated till they were gone. The car turned out looking great. Here are some pics .

The phone app will only allow me to upload the picture in a smaller format so I hope they show the detail. If not look for a post about spotless from me.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AG Online

AutowerxDetailing
06-26-2014, 03:15 AM
+1 for Spotless.

Sent from my LG-LS720 using AG Online

Vivant511
06-26-2014, 08:29 AM
Most coatings shouldn't be washed at least 7 days after application for it to be chemically stable. When it got rained on the first thing which he should've done was dry it off and leave it alone. I would also say Spotless to be the fix but unsure on the coating's integrity afterwards as it hasn't had the chance to fully cure

Pureshine
06-26-2014, 10:34 AM
Most coatings shouldn't be washed at least 7 days after application for it to be chemically stable. When it got rained on the first thing which he should've done was dry it off and leave it alone. I would also say Spotless to be the fix but unsure on the coating's integrity afterwards as it hasn't had the chance to fully cure

:iagree: I know OCP is not fully cured for at least a week and shouldn't wash it till then.

HD.Detailing
06-26-2014, 01:41 PM

22ple initial cure 8-12 hours is then safe to get wet and wash as usual (according to instructions) so the coating should be fine... crossing fingers.

I will definetly be telling all the other customers to keep them out of water for a week from here on out!

Rsurfer
06-26-2014, 01:47 PM
You could try white vinegar first.

HD.Detailing
06-26-2014, 01:55 PM
You could try white vinegar first.

That was my first thought but didn't work.. I told him to just hold off on anything else.. i'll be over to rectify it and we would get her looking awesome again. (fortunately he is one of the coolest customers I could ask for!!)