PDA

View Full Version : QD Then Apply Wax Or Sealant

Darren F
07-29-2007, 02:02 PM
If I washed my car and then used some QD last night am I OK to apply a wax or a sealant today right over the QD?

bambo2888
07-29-2007, 02:06 PM
Which QD did you use? If you used a QD that has any carnauba in it whatsoever, you won't be able to use a sealant. You can go ahead with a wax either way.

Darren F
07-29-2007, 02:10 PM
I used Poor Boys so I guess I should be ok either way then right?

SPiN
07-29-2007, 02:22 PM
if your appling wax, your OK. I always use QD right before I wax just to ensure the paint is nice and clean before i apply my wax.

If your using spray and shine, i dont think it has carnauba in it, so you should be good.

Apply the sealant... give it like 30 minutes to dry and work itself in, then buff it off. then apply another layer, give it a good 30 minutes to an hour, then buff it off.

Wait 24 hours to apply the wax.

The next day when your about to apply the wax, QD your car to make sure you didn't pick up any dirt, debree, grime in those 24 hours, wipe your car clean really well, then apply the wax.

D
07-29-2007, 02:58 PM
if your appling wax, your OK. I always use QD right before I wax just to ensure the paint is nice and clean before i apply my wax.

If your using spray and shine, i dont think it has carnauba in it, so you should be good.

Apply the sealant... give it like 30 minutes to dry and work itself in, then buff it off. then apply another layer, give it a good 30 minutes to an hour, then buff it off.

Wait 24 hours to apply the wax.

The next day when your about to apply the wax, QD your car to make sure you didn't pick up any dirt, debree, grime in those 24 hours, wipe your car clean really well, then apply the wax.

You need to wait 12- 24 hours for the sealant to cure before applying another layer.

Darren F
07-29-2007, 03:41 PM
Which QD's have carnauba in them?