PDA

View Full Version : new products - the future

builthatch
06-24-2014, 08:27 PM
seems like things have really accelerated over the past few years in terms of product development. stuff we always wished for is now here.

what, realistically, would everyone still like to see developed or improved?

yes, i too am waiting for a self-healing coating that is water spot proof! when it's released by some genius at some point, you know it'll be called UNICORN, lol.

swanicyouth
06-24-2014, 09:10 PM
- Complete idiot proof coating that applies like a sealant and has some primer or solvent in it that makes polishing oils left on the surface a non issue. It seems we have some coatings similar to this now - but the durability is lacking compared to what I would call a "real coating".

- A lighter/smaller version of the Metro Master Blaster - with the same power.

- a real stripping soap that actually can safely remove sealants 100%.

- IronX that smells like Root Beer.

- Another real permanent coating for the US market like OptiCoat

- A Wheel Woolie type product on a Daytona Speed Brush like flexible stem

hernandez.art13
06-24-2014, 09:16 PM
A 1" inch electric polisher!

Just02896
06-24-2014, 09:31 PM

Now that's just crazy! What the heck are you polishing? Matchbox cars??? Lol!
Funny thing is...if they made a 1" polisher, I'd probably own one! Lol

Rmd
06-25-2014, 01:57 AM
I would buy a 1" electric polisher in a heartbeat. Lots of angles and curves on my bumpers and side skirts. Would be great for mirrors, a-pillars, headlights, etc. Bring it on, griots, please make one!

silverfox
06-25-2014, 04:59 AM
Coatings are still too finicky for my taste. The new sonus icon product is on the right track. Apply like a liquid wax and wait until it hazes which tells you when its ready to remove. You can see where you've applied it and you can't over apply. They're onto something.

A foam presoak that takes off 99% of everything on the paint without touching the paint and LSP friendly. Just wipe the rest off with a spritz of waterless wash eliminating the two bucket method. I'm actually using this now but only a coating can hold up under such aggressive cleaning power leaving the wax and sealant users out of luck. This is a must have need because many swirls are induced by washing by hand.

HUMP DIESEL
06-25-2014, 06:43 AM
- Complete idiot proof coating that applies like a sealant and has some primer or solvent in it that makes polishing oils left on the surface a non issue. It seems we have some coatings similar to this now - but the durability is lacking compared to what I would call a "real coating".

- A lighter/smaller version of the Metro Master Blaster - with the same power.

- a real stripping soap that actually can safely remove sealants 100%.

- IronX that smells like Root Beer.

- Another real permanent coating for the US market like OptiCoat

- A Wheel Woolie type product on a Daytona Speed Brush like flexible stem

I second the IronX that smells like Root Beer!

I would also like a stripping wash, but I am getting along pretty good with P21S in a foam cannon.

I also would like the smaller polisher as mentioned. I have had my eye on the pneumatic ones, but an electric would be nice.

HUMP

Mastercraft241
06-25-2014, 06:57 AM
- Complete idiot proof coating that applies like a sealant and has some primer or solvent in it that makes polishing oils left on the surface a non issue.

Look up polish angel invincible primer.

Mike Phillips
06-25-2014, 07:22 AM

We used the Rupes TA50 with 1" pads for tight areas and thin panels on an Ferrari.... works pretty good.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/722/one_inch_pads.jpg

And if anyone paid attention to the this thread, we let the new guys use 2" pads on the Rupes TA50

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/2412/1966_Orange_Nova_055.jpg

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/2412/1966_Orange_Nova_056.jpg

:dblthumb2:

builthatch
06-25-2014, 09:23 AM
haha, i was trying to find a pic of the April Fool's micro polisher that was posted a few years back. remember that, Mike? it was made out of clay i think. so funny.

Paul A.
06-25-2014, 09:54 AM
How bout a headband mounted swirl finder light.