PDA

View Full Version : Ordering my PC tonight! Need help!

Pages : [1] 2

scooterguitar
06-11-2006, 09:06 PM
Wow, just sold some Harley parts and my paypal account is good enough to go ahead! Can you believe it, afetr all we've been through:awesome:
So, I have tons of products. Imagien my Optimum Polish will work good, heh?
What else should I get? Mostly for swirls, webbing, a few decent scratches?
PB SR1 & 2.5?
Do I get the pad kit with it: http://www.autogeek.net/hk7424.html
Or go for the base unit with other pads?
Or get the base unit and http://autogeek.net/foam-polishing-kit.html
Also, why is it cheaper to buy the unit and the edge system sepeartely opposed to the edge porter kit?
Or should I save my money and keep using my hands?;)
Now hurry up before I change my mind:D :D
Oh yeah, don't they come with that counter weight thing I need?

abrcrombe
06-11-2006, 09:15 PM
Dude, congrats! Get the poorboy's ssr. Love that stuff. And about the pads, I would probably spring for the Edge 2000 if you can afford it. That is what I am going to get, and it is weird how it is cheaper to buy separately. I don't know for sure if it comes with the counterweight, but my 7336 from Lowes came with one. Maybe someone will chime in.

scooterguitar
06-11-2006, 09:36 PM
I'm leaning towards the basic pad kit combo. I guess I'll need some pad cleaner too, there one that will work for my mf clothes as well?
What about bonnets?

abrcrombe
06-11-2006, 09:49 PM
The lake country pads are really good. Edge 2000 beats them in convenience.

http://www.autogeek.net/dp730.html

Can be used for cleaning your pads and your microfibers. Did they announce which brand is going on sale because rumor is that it is DP. So you might want to wait and save a few bucks.

Get bonnets if you don't like to use your hands to remove the wax. I personally use my hands, but when I get the Edge system, I might use the bonnets that come with the kit. Personal preference I think.

dakevmann
06-11-2006, 09:57 PM
Congrats Scooter I got mine about a week ago I got the PB/PC combo kit and have been itching to break it out and try it but have had very little free time. I use part of my lunch hour to use QD on my truck my co-workers get a kick out of me.:awesome:

scooterguitar
06-11-2006, 09:57 PM
Then I'll lose out on the PB sale! Not sure, but I might not even need the SR1 & 2.5 since I have the Opt polish, hopefully someone will help.
Been searching and searching, lots of info, but no clear cut answers yet.
What do you put the bonnets on, over any pad? I think I would like a bonnet (from yoru explanation) for some wipe offs, but not all.

abrcrombe
06-11-2006, 10:09 PM
Yeah, you put the bonnet over the pad (usually the hardest pad you have, which is usually if not always the cutting pad).

scooterguitar
06-11-2006, 10:12 PM
Thanks man!
After adding bonnets and pad cleaner, looks liek the edge systme is only about $10 more than the other package with those things added, so...Edge here I come...I think. Maybe I'll sleep on it.

BlackCoupe
06-11-2006, 10:35 PM
Thanks man!
After adding bonnets and pad cleaner, looks liek the edge systme is only about $10 more than the other package with those things added, so...Edge here I come...I think. Maybe I'll sleep on it.

I think you will be happier with the Edge. And each one is like two because you can flip them over.

scooterguitar
06-12-2006, 09:16 AM
Since you cna flip the Edge over, woudln't yous till have to be using the same product on it, unless you clean it first?

Surfer
06-12-2006, 09:25 AM
I wouldn't bother with the bonnets, they gum up to quickly. Just get the Edge 2K kit you listed, it's only a little more then the regular kit but comes with a few extra stuff besides the bonnets. Since you have Optimum Polish, pick up some Optimum Compound instead of grabbing SSR1 and 2.5.

What products do you have right now?

BlackCoupe
06-12-2006, 10:42 AM
Since you cna flip the Edge over, woudln't yous till have to be using the same product on it, unless you clean it first?

No. It is actually two pads with a thin plastic layer that will inhibit bleed through, but you shouldn't let them get that saturated anyway.

bluzman
06-12-2006, 10:42 AM
The lake country pads are really good. Edge 2000 beats them in convenience.

http://www.autogeek.net/dp730.html

Can be used for cleaning your pads and your microfibers. Did they announce which brand is going on sale because rumor is that it is DP. So you might want to wait and save a few bucks.

Get bonnets if you don't like to use your hands to remove the wax. I personally use my hands, but when I get the Edge system, I might use the bonnets that come with the kit. Personal preference I think.

I wouldnt use the bonnets to remove anything. I would stick to removing products with a good MF towel. Just my .02!!

ScottB
06-12-2006, 05:17 PM
tell me you did it .... this is like driving your dirty car to a hose and bucket, and then washing your feet. Get the darn machine !!!

abrcrombe
06-12-2006, 08:04 PM
No. It is actually two pads with a thin plastic layer that will inhibit bleed through, but you shouldn't let them get that saturated anyway.

Wow, that's a really good idea. Makes me want them more and more!