PDA

View Full Version : Skin Hair And Steel; Are They The Same?

Largebore
07-29-2007, 08:31 AM
Why would I want to buy a shampoo for my car that is made of natural ingredients like wheat germ oil and vitamins? My car is made of steel not flesh and blood. One product being promoted asks this question;

Natural Ingredients: Vitamins are essential in quality lotions, shampoos, and conditioners for our skin and hair, so why not our vehicles?

ScottB
07-29-2007, 10:11 AM
I guess if clearcoat could be penetrated it might need a vitamin booster. Till then I want a cleaner that is as natural as possible (hopefully better for our environment) while being able to remove dirt and contaminents and not strip my wax/sealant.

Largebore
07-29-2007, 08:38 PM
The natural I can understand. but I hope that you are not
saying , that paying for added vitamins in my car care products , makes any sense in this world or even in bizzaro world? Or, that the hype is justifiable, because they are natural and natural is good ?

FMINUS
07-29-2007, 09:51 PM
Ive been thinking the same thing this whole time, I hope theres a good explaination....

ScottB
07-30-2007, 04:49 PM
The natural I can understand. but I hope that you are not
saying , that paying for added vitamins in my car care products , makes any sense in this world or even in bizzaro world? Or, that the hype is justifiable, because they are natural and natural is good ?

Clearcoats cannot be penetrated and thus I was adding a little humor. (ie. booster) But I do feel we all have a responsibility to use natural and safer ingredients when possible for our children, environment, and own health. :cheers:

Largebore
07-30-2007, 07:10 PM
Totally agree on the responsibility.. I was just taken back by the advertising sell copy by one of the vendors in describing thier product. I was just about to buy into thier line when I read the copy. Did not take long to hit the delete button on that vendors product line. I may have been born at night., but it was not LAST NITE !