PDA

View Full Version : question on wheels

Tragu
07-29-2007, 06:55 AM
I have a Honda Element for a dd and the otheer day I noticed around the center caps there is a little bubbling kinda like the little bubbling that I have near my wheel wells of my 90 325 I know this is rust but will alloy rims rust below their finish. It is verry strong and not flakey but this really bothers me as I have 60 thousand miles and no dents no scratches a few chips a crack in the seat cover caused by material faliure and an ill fitting bumper wrap due to my instillation. Back to the rims is ther something that I could do that wont cost much to fix. How much would a refinish cost. Thanx in advance

sparkie
07-29-2007, 09:57 PM
I don't think I ever heard of that before. Sorry don't know what to tell you.

HighEndDetail
07-29-2007, 10:26 PM
Can you get a up close pic of it.

Jimmie
07-29-2007, 10:52 PM
Wheel repair is available. It's another talent that you'll here about once in awhile. I don't want to post any links but "Google-wheel repair". You'll find links to alloy types, DIY Kits, etc. Somewhere I saw someone post a thread on repairing their own wheels after some curb damage?????

dannythekid
08-03-2007, 02:56 PM
Sounds just like what you see on a lot of older alloy wheels with a clearcoat, like old Ford wheels. It starts to oxidize and/or flake off.

If you wanted to DIY, you could make sand it down and re-clear it, or else take them to a powdercoater and have them re-done in silver/any finish you wanted.

Locally they do powercoating on 15-16" wheels for around $175.