PDA

View Full Version : He is gonna learn a painful lesson

Pages : [1] 2

david11g35
06-22-2014, 03:51 PM
So I stopped by to my local harbor freight to buy some box cutters. As I walk in the one of the first displays is the detailing supplies. They had the DA and rotary. I see a man looking at the rotary and DA trying to decide which to choose. I keep on shopping and get my items, walk up to the register and the man is in front of me ready to pay. He decided to go with the rotary, in my head Im thinking this guy doesnt know the difference between both machines. I kindly asking him if he is gonna use the machine to polish his car he answers "yes" then I ask him if he had ever used that machine or any other polisher he says "no". I kindly suggested him getting the DA because is more user friendly for first time users witht the rotary you increase the odds of burning the paint if you dont know how to use it correctly. He gives me a dirty look and pays walks out. I see him get in his car and its a new Jet Black 5 series BMW with dealer plates still.

I tell the cashier I feel sorry for that BMW and the cashier ask me why. I explain the odds of him ruining the paint on that car. The cashier tells me he has heard everything I explain. Cashier says he will inform future customers so they dont do the same mistake. Hopefully he finds AGO before he polishes his car.

Sorry for the rant

Kamakaz1961
06-22-2014, 03:55 PM
You can't fix STUPID!! LOL

I bet you his name was Beavis Butthead! LOL

sproketser
06-22-2014, 03:56 PM
Let him screw his ride , he looked at you as someone that knows sh!t , the hell with him .

You tried to help , & look what it does !

David Hayward
06-22-2014, 04:01 PM
Hopefully it breaks before it touches the paint. Not to be typical with the OMG harbor freight so bad don't use it crowd. Just hopeful it breaks so he doesn't ruin the car.

swanicyouth
06-22-2014, 04:07 PM
I learned a long time ago never offer advice to anyone for anything - unless it's requested. Let him polish his JB Bimmer with rocks & hammers - then it will probably end up being a big pay day for an AG member to fix it.

JHL88
06-22-2014, 04:24 PM
He sounds pretty ignorant to me. If someone gave me advice like that I would kindly do some research before making the decision. Especially on a new 5 series...

Then again it could be how you approached him/spoke to him too.

tpr1634
06-22-2014, 04:30 PM
That's funny:idea:

BobbyG
06-22-2014, 04:39 PM
Hey David,

No rant at all!

You were merely trying to persuade this gentleman using knowledge and logic. It was he who decided the path of his journey and my fear it will be a a rather bumpy ride.....

jamesboyy
06-22-2014, 05:18 PM
You should be proud that you tried to share your knowledge with a air head but its his lost and your gain in sense cause even if he dont destory that BMW he is bound to destory at least one vehicle and you will hear about it or he'll come crawling to you for help if he ever see you again but the best advice I can give you is dont say nothing keep that knowledge and all to yourself unless asked upon

david11g35
06-22-2014, 05:36 PM
I didnt come off as being rude nor mr. Know it all. I merely made a suggestion based on facts. Some people just dont know how to take suggestions or advice

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

TuxedoTaurus
06-22-2014, 05:43 PM
I learned a long time ago never offer advice to anyone for anything - unless it's requested.

:iagree:

Especially in a store that is geared to the DIY'er! Everyone in them is an expert. The smart ones ask questions and do their homework.

He probably looked at the boxes, saw rotary has more power, so has to do a better job. They are also in all the body shops.

GenesisCoupe
06-22-2014, 05:53 PM
Once he turns it on and it begins to spin at 6000 he will run scared

Klasse Act
06-22-2014, 06:00 PM
You went with your gut and that's all you can do, its the way you are and that's what worked for you. I'm natrually like that as well and who knows, maybe the next person you help will take your advice and realize you were right and in turn help someone else down the road the way you helped him, its what makes the world go round!

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online

Just02896
06-22-2014, 06:23 PM
Seems that he was offended and took your advice as though you were telling him he didn't know what he was doing. Probably had a big ego to maintain. I usually ask what kind of car they have and what the condition of the paint is before I give advice. Seems to go over better.

Klasse Act
06-22-2014, 06:30 PM
Seems that he was offended and took your advice as though you were telling him he didn't know what he was doing. Probably had a big ego to maintain. I usually ask what kind of car they have and what the condition of the paint is before I give advice. Seems to go over better.

The last statement is good advice for all, very good point!

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online